Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front panel is just held on by clips so a gentle pull is all that's needed to remove it.

Pull it from the bottom and set aside.

Next it's time to remove the screws that hold the cluster in:

It's a little tight and needs the down and out pull too. there's two plugs in the back that are easy to get after you work the gauge out of the dash.

Now just push the tabs down on the clear len, then the black plastic piece

Then you can paint the grey housing whatever color you want:

I went with some left over blue dupli-color metalcast #mc201 from Napa:

Garage1217.com does led changes and as soon as I get my cluster back I'll have pics up for everyone.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the stock gauge is in the office and I change the gauge face every week

·
Registered
128 Posts
Without the stock gauge behind it the lights just show up as squares...no indication of what they are...such as traction control, maint req....ect.... How do you get those when the new gauge doesn't come with those "cut outs" or imprinted on them?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an underlay that I use that has all of them on it so that the gauge can be as bright as possible

·
Registered
128 Posts
So do the new gauge overlays not come with it from customxbgauges.com?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dude, did you send this by horseback? Still nothing....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jason------ You aren't answering emails and the underlay has not arrived.....frustrated is just beginning to describe how I feel. Make this right man....don't just ignore me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah it did finally come....I still was not at all pleased with the quality....so instead of just blobs of light I had blobs of light with black words in it that you couldn't really read because the part where that shines through was tooooo dark. So Jeremy with nolimitzind hooked me up and I got a new one from him which has the over and underlay all built in and I LOOOOVE IT!

totally not impressed with customxbgauges....not enough communication and took forever for things to show up....if you want a new gauge face talk to Jeremy he will hook you up and communicate with you! nolimitzind.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts