Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 xB and I am worried that my clutch may be finally going out on me. It has a little over 93K miles on it right now. I have noticed that starting out in first, the car doesnt really "pick up" like it use to. Also, when changing gears, this shifs smoothly and almost too easily. It feels like butter almost. I did a third gear test and it caught in high rpms, but lacked a really strong jerk.

I use to have to push the clutch in to get it out of gear, but now it seems much easier. I am a bit concerned for it. It mainly sees highway miles too. My factory brakes just hit their limit at 93K miles. Dealership never recomended replacing them until now, if that gives you any information on how many trips I go on and not really any city driving.

· Registered
457 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to have it checked but I don't think it's going out at that mileage with mostly highway driving. I'm harsh on my clutch, city driving, downshifting and such and I just replaced mine at 127K miles. It was getting paper thin but still working pretty good at that point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.