Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its raing out here! My cold air is vented with the opening provided by the bumper. Is there anything I should worry about? Will rain, itself instead of the obvious threatening large puddles, get in to my engine? Help?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Isn't there a drain hole in the bottom to let the water out? No matter if you have a cold air intake or not there is a chance of water getting into the intake. I would think that as long as you are not letting it sit in a puddle deep enough to fill the intake opening completely you shouldn't have trouble. Just move it out of the water to let it drain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are drainage holes on the bottom, in the well where the intake is housed in behind the bumper.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
If it's just rain, you should be fine. You would need to sit in a puddle of water over a foot deep depending on how low the filter is... I don't know how yours is set up, but I believe the TRD CAI, even though it connects to the lower vent, is shielded from direct water contact w/ the filter. Is there a housing around your filter?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Rain is not a problem. Just like they said above its only a issue if your sitting in enough water to submerge your filter causing water to be sucked into your engine. Just don't make any high water crossings. If you see a flooded road avoid it no matter how shallow it seems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts