Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these bulbs on your xB? I just installed HIDs on my low beams and my fog lights, and now the orange turn signals are looking kinda funny. I've found a couple different kinds of bulbs around but I'm just not sure what to go with. So far my favorite are the color changing led bulbs that I found on ebay, but I don't know if they will light up when using the key to lock and unlock, or if they will blink fast because there is less draw than from a typical bulb. And there are also just plain white bulbs that I could pop in but I'm not sure if it's illegal to do that. Basically, I just want nothing but bright, white light coming from the front of my xB.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sounds like ur after vled dual color blubs .... its what I want but its not offered on the website anymore ... anyone know why?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would these be what you are after? V-LEDS.com Switchback - 1157 LED - Shop Part #'s As long as they have the relay or whatever so they won't hyperflash, I think I'm going to go with these. And on a side note, how do you get all your mods in the signature under your post? I would love to see mine all typed out :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I bought mine from v-LEDs.com but you can also get them from ledmod.com. I have the resistors but decided to keep the hyperflash.

To access your signature just go to User CP. There is a option to change your signature. 500 characters or less.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a better price than v-led, do you know if they have resistors also?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't like the hyper flash, but adding the resistor jacks the cost up another $20, making what should be a cheap mod almost $100 (including the led reverse light that I want). I've almost taken out a couple palm trees lining my driveway cause my tint is so dark and my street doesn't believe in streetlights and the reverse light is so dim. End even just cracking the windows seems to let in swarms of bugs, but that's just part of living in Florida. Phobic, I've seen your car on a couple forums and would love to know where you got the lights that go in the front air dams and how difficult they were to install. I really like how they look, but splicing into wires scares the crap out of me...

·
Registered
647 Posts
I don't like the hyper flash, but adding the resistor jacks the cost up another $20, making what should be a cheap mod almost $100 (including the led reverse light that I want). I've almost taken out a couple palm trees lining my driveway cause my tint is so dark and my street doesn't believe in streetlights and the reverse light is so dim. End even just cracking the windows seems to let in swarms of bugs, but that's just part of living in Florida. Phobic, I've seen your car on a couple forums and would love to know where you got the lights that go in the front air dams and how difficult they were to install. I really like how they look, but splicing into wires scares the crap out of me...
Phobics vent lights are the same as mine from oznium.com. I took my front bumper off to install mine but I believe a few guys here have done it with out taking the bumper off. I changed my headlights at the same time so I had to take mine off.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yes,I'm one of the few guys that didn't take the front bumper off.There is PDF for adding the CAI. It shows how to take a few fasteners off and access the fender liners.I used some liguid soap to make installation easier. Once I did the driver's side, the other side went a lot quicker. The hardest part was routing the wires up to the parking lite wires and using "t" taps to hook them up. All in all, it took ~ 30 min.s And look great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HotBox, what kind of HID's did you get and where'd you get your HID's ??

thanks,
I got a brand called xentec off of ebay. I got lows and fogs both in 6000k and paid about $40 per pair. Supposedly, their ballasts are thinner than most out there, but I what sold me was the 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Phobics vent lights are the same as mine from oznium.com. I took my front bumper off to install mine but I believe a few guys here have done it with out taking the bumper off. I changed my headlights at the same time so I had to take mine off.
Thanks for actually replying :) I've only taken the bumper off once, and that was to put the fogs in. It was pretty easy with a second set of hands. I just love how the vent lights look and I will definatly be buying them from oznium. I buy most of my stuff off ebay, and they do have those lights on there, but they are cheap ($40ish) and only have a 30 day warranty. Oznium's $130 price tag is worth the warranty it comes with. I'm not a fan of having to fix something more than once lol.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I especially dont like taking the bumper off too many times. I have already had to replace many of those plastic push pins. But you are right it is easier with a second set of hands.

The first batch of vent lights from oznium had a lot of problems. After talking to them they assured me that the problem was fixed prior to me buying my set. I have been running mine for over 6 months now without a single problem. I really like oznium because they do stand behind their stuff. eBay? ehh hit or miss there, but I still take my chances on some things.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eBay? ehh hit or miss there, but I still take my chances on some things.
I know, I know. But I try to buy the OE stuff. I got OE fogs for a fraction of the cost at the dealer, an even better price than I could through work (and I work at a lexus dealer so we can get all toyota parts anyway). And a saved a ton on the spoiler (already painted), I did end up buying the template from the dealer but it was worth it to me to get the sucker mounted straight. The HIDs I got have a warranty, as well as the dash kit, the only thing that doesn't have a warranty are the LEDs I put in the map and dome and those we easy to do. As long as you know its buyer beware, you should be alright. And that would be why I made this thread on the switchbacks lol

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Ive gone through 1 set of vent lights, this second set has worked great all year. So glad I got in on the prototypes! it's such an awesome addition to the car.

and ebay isnt that bad, some stuff is decent. got anzo tails for a fraction of the cost and they work great.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.