Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have installed a backup camera on my xb2. It's a wireless, but it needs 12v power. I was thinking getting power from the backup light but how do I do that? Or is there a better source for power?

:|

TIA

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you want it to operate with the B in reverse,you must gain access to the back up light circuit. the wire for the b/u light is in the left corner of the rear . By taking the panels off to get to the wire. Then a wire has to be routed up the quarter panel to the tail gate (another panel removal)and down to the area where the camera is located. There are instructions on the site to do this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dale, thanks for the info.

I have already removed the bottom panel of the tail gate.

I tried searching for the instruction how to remove the top panel on the tail gate and the quarter panel. But couldn't find it.

Would you able to direct me to that page?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Sapphire

·
Registered
844 Posts
I tried to find the site but couldn't. Anyhow, to gain access to the left rear area, the floor cover, the spare, and the lower cover on the cargo sill must be removed.After removing these, several bolts that hold the left rear panel need to be taken out with a socket and 9" extension (10mm I think). Most everything else is just clipped in place. I used "t" connectors to hook up the wire for the camera.
The wire for the camera in the tail light must be installed with the aid of a electrical fishing tape (found one at Harbor Freight for a good price)
and routed to the license plate area.
I hope this helps, it's been a while since I installed wire for additional back up lights (the same circuits needed).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.