Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 32GB iPod Touch and it works fine. When I plug it into the scion it works fine and all that jazz. Sometimes out of no where my music will stop and then the radio switches to the radio. I look at my ipod and it looks like it's restarting, ya know the black screen with the apple icon in the middle. I know nothing is wrong with my touch because in my old car that never happened when I had it plugged up to a FM plug in device. I have to unplug the white wire from the usb input and it will say connection error. When my password screen comes back up, the ipod will run fine with the radio. Anyone else has this problem? Also I always have my ipod equalizer set on rock but my scion can't seem to remember that and it just shuts the equalizer off, so every time I plug it in, I have to set it up to my personal preference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
same issue here with my ipod touch. It usually works ok but sometimes when I plug it in in the morning it will be really really slow to pull up the album information and the first song will skip a bit. Then some days it just won't connect and I get the connection error message. If I check the ipod the "music" app had crashed.

I think my ipod touch is just buggy and crashes more. I have no issues with either of my nano's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just an FYI- when you use the dock connector to plug your iPod into the car (or anything else for that matter), it DOES NOT use whatever EQ settings are selected on the iPod. It is just a line level output. If you use the AUX input from your headphone jack, it will use the iPod EQ settings. The iPod reset you are getting could be as simple as static discharge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had many problems with using iPod's in my XB. I have a 2008, and have had 2 different iPod's with similar problems.

I first had a crappy little iPod nano and it worked fine, but excesive use plugged into my car lead to the ipod breaking entirely and now can only be controlled by my XB when it's pluggd in.

I thought my iPod just broke so I bought a new 160gb iPod and now am experiencing similar problems with this one, which leads me to believe mabye there is some bug with my XB deck. Every now and then in mid song, my Ipod crashes and I get the "ipod connection error" message. Then I'll have to unplug my ipod to reset it, but a lot of the time, my ipod even though unplugged reads SCION on the screen which means it still thinks it's plugged in. When it's plugged in, you can't use the rotary dial on the iPod, so even when I'm experiencing this error, There's nothing I can do... I can't even turn off the iPod because none of the controls work. This has happened a few times and the only thing I can do to fix it is wait a day or two for the battery on my iPod to die, then I plug it in again and it seems to reset.... WACK!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similiar problem with a new 2011 xB. It turned out to be the sync cable. The cable is fragile and can develop an intermittent short. Be extra careful when plugging or unplugging the sync cable. The end that plugs into the the ipod does not have a locking device and can vibrate loose. Try a new sync heavy duty sync cable.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
My Zune was plugged in constantly in the '09, no problems. Now, in the '10, there has been some sound quality issues. Solution, I'm using a flash drive for music and it's a lot better. Just saying...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.