Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm researching a new car and test drove the 2009 Scion xB. the metallic stingray color. Very nice, fun to drive. Two things I'm not sure of. I thought the driver's seat wasn't very comfortable. Anyone else notice that? ANd will my big dog (lab) fit comfortably in the back-back without putting the seats down?

I decided to "think on it" overnight before I buy it. But I really like the car!

:confused:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
After some time my back began to hurt and I realized that it was because, at the time, my commute was much longer than normal and the seats don't have lumbar. I ended up getting a lumbar support off of eBay, which has helped A LOT. Everyone is different though and if you're able to drive comfortably (and safe) w/ the seats reclined more, you may not have that problem. As far as the dog, I don't know, but it looks like other people don't have an issue - we have a tiny dog & he has his own inflatable car seat next to my son's :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
The seats work OK for me. My gripe for comfort is the lack of telescoping wheel. I'm 6'1" and have to sit closer to the dash than I care to, in order to reach the wheel.

As far as room for your dog. I highly reccomend getting the cargo cover. Then just put the seats down when you take your pooch out for a spin. I have an American Staffordshire Terrier, and she's a good sized dog. The cover keep the dog hair off the seats and she can easily hang her head out of the window w/o having to put her paws on the door handles, thus scratching them up.

I keep her on a leash and loop the eyelet around my arm rest, so no worries about her jumping out the window. She LOVES it and she gets tons of affection from fellow drivers at the stop lights.

Here is a pic of her, although she is a tad camera shy...

·
Registered
477 Posts
After about 1/2 hour the seats get uncomfortable, not much padding. Not many automakers want to put much money into the seats unless you step up in vehicles. This seat is nothing more than molded foam, no spring suspension like I had in my Oldsmobile.

I would pay more for a seat with longer thigh support and memory foam if they offered it from Scion.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Memory foam may be nice idea. You can most likely find someone in your area that can do that cheaper than new seats. I may look into that myself. But compared to my old Explorer (1995) the seats in my 09 XB are much better.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I would love to have memory foam seats, but my undestanding is that the seat covers are glued to the from from the factory. Which in the long run means better looking, longer lasting seats. What it also means is that if you wanna change the foam in the seats you also have to get custom seat coverings. Great if you want custom seats, bad if you have an RS and love your factory upholstry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.