Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

This thread is to let you know that we will be converting this site to a software platform called vBulletin.

The upgrade will take place in November. At this moment, I don't have an exact date but I will make sure to get it for you once I know. This site will be down at that time until at least 12:00pm EST of the same day of the upgrade.

If you frequent other online communities, chances are you may have already used vBulletin before.

Here are the reasons we are doing this conversion:

- vB is by far the most recognizable and used forum software in the online community; it is infinitely more secure and offers on-going support and development from the software designers

- Our team uses vB across all sites so the VS team can manage upgrades, security updates and sites add-ons much easier and more efficiently with it

- vB has a better "modification" system where we can add new features more easily and faster when the community needs it

- vB has a nicer upload and picture gallery system that's easier to manage and use (IMO)

Our team are seasoned technicians at doing these conversions but with any major conversion of this scale, there are always going to be some bugs and glitches that will need to be worked out. We are doing everything to minimize this but if it does happen, please be patient. We will fix it.

If you have private messages that are dear to you, I would suggest copying them and saving them in a text file just in case. We will be moving the entire database over to the new platform but it's always good to be safe and back things up when it comes to moves of this magnitude.

Yung

· Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The NewScionxB.com test vB site is finally available for viewing:
http://testvb.newscionxb.com

You'll need the following username/password to gain access to the test environment:
Username: newscionvb
Password: Fn225!cCb*8XfavK

You should then be able to log in with your existing username and password credentials.

Please let me know if you run into any issues or bugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.