Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Severed. I know that you can make just about anything fit with enough time and effort. I am hopefully going to pick the wheels up today and then need to figure out what size tires and adapters I need from there. I will post pictures up in here once I get them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
whats the stock offset of the wheels? cause adapters will add 25mm automatically..
Depends on the adapters.
They appear to be in 8.5" and 9.5" widths with 56mm offsets. However, there are some 11" wide Sawblades with a 36mm offset.

I know of someone that ran 'blades with adapters to bring him right up to about 25mm effective offset. You can run that if you roll the rear fenders and run a narrower tire (215/40R17 is what I would run).
Excited to see how this turns out. I think they look pretty legit on the xB2. :cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The set I am looking to pick up in the next couple of days are actually 9.5" front and rear. I do need to check the offset, but I am hoping to be able to run a narrow tire and avoid having to roll the fenders. I also plan on getting them powder coated just so they are a little different then the traditional polished ones you see everywhere else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, a quick update. I ended up picking up a set of salad shooters off of an 87 corvette instead (what my neighbor had laying around). I believe they are 9.5 all the way around still, but they are 16" rather than 17". I'm looking at doing a 225/50 or 225/45 tire on the wheels. I was looking at getting adapters made. The main question I have is if their is a minimum width for the adapter that is safe to run? The reason is that I am not trying to push my wheels quite as far out as Phobic (worried about the fender and don't want to have to pull or stretch them). Thanks for all the advice guys and I will try to post pictures up soon. The old tires are off and I am deciding on a paint color now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I believe that they are +38. Anyone have any idea why the computer at tire kingdom told the guy working there that the max wheel width the car can handle is 8.5? I have seen people run 9.5 wheels on our car before online.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I believe that they are +38. Anyone have any idea why the computer at tire kingdom told the guy working there that the max wheel width the car can handle is 8.5? I have seen people run 9.5 wheels on our car before online.
Because it's a computer and they probably made the program to only allow safe sizes and offsets to be placed on cars. 9.5's are a little on the big size, but they fit. Easy. There's plenty of people running them, myself included.

Next set of wheels I get for my xB will be 10.5's... :cheers:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.