Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I had a few rocks hit my windshield in my new 2008 xb and nothing happened. However, i was driving and notice on the driver side a "L" shaped crack.. now i know the old ones had a prone to breaking windows and i hope mind is just a fluke ?my question is , does anyone else have this problem in the new xb? and is there a bug shield or something i can get to block stones from hitting the shield?I like to see if any other members have this problem

· Registered
741 Posts
This seemed to be a problem on the '08 xb's. Scion supposedly cut the glass differently for the '09's. There is another thread about this, so go to search and put in Cracked Windshield and it should pop up. Here is a link for an interesting read.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0e5312/0

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
i have the 09 xb
i live in NJ and have to take 280 and park way all the time
there is no escape from small rocks hitting the windshield
so far no cracks but you can tell where they have hit
i know there where a few big rocks falling from over passes
all it left was a powder imapact look
il take pics

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I'm also from NJ .. i take the turnpike everyday and that is where i got hit with a rock maybe? or a stress crack.. but i wanna know if i can up grade the windshield to the 09 on since i hear it is redesigned.

· Registered
68 Posts
Any vehicle with an upright windshield design is going to be more prone to chips and damage. Less angle mens less deflection and the glass suffers more of the impact. One of the prices we have to pay for being soe cool. :p.

· Premium Member
848 Posts
3 days after i replaced my cracked windshield i got a nice chip from a rock kicked up from a car going the other direction, i saw the whole thing happen in slow motion. i got the chip fixed but now there is a permanent mark on the windshield right in the middle of my view.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The stress crack issue starts in the corner and spreads out.
A crack from hitting something can start anywhere and usually (almost always) has an visible impact point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.