Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . . .

My wife was on her way back from Auburn going to Atlanta and WHACK!
The "smack" point is on the passenger side, just right of center, and about the size of the eraser of a yellow pencil.

It has less than 2,500 miles on the odometer!
Just over 3 weeks of ownership . . .

Oh well, . . .

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't believe that the dealer will replace a windshield if it has a direct hit/chip mark. If it has a stress crack without any signs of a foreign object hitting the windshield you might have a chance at a dealer replacing it.

Good luck.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well . . .

Mine was a something hitting it on the road, plain and simple.

I'm going to call my insurance tonight or in the morning. I have 0% comprehensive and have had to deal with this before . . .
I even know of the guy . . .
Army reserve, multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afgan.
A HECK of a good guy who has been trying to stay in business.
(He has fixed the windshield on the Miata several times and does an EXCELLENT job. He operates out of South Greenville, SC.)

·
Registered
476 Posts
With a upright windshield like the xB it is a good idea to have zero deductible comprehensive on your insurance. I have had to replace the windshield on most of the cars that I've owned and not having to pay for the replacement has been great. Even if I have a small chip the insurance company will replace the windshield.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had to repace mine before I even had it a week. lost it on I-10 near the MS / AL border. Small rock hit upper passenger corner and spread across 2/3 of the windshield before I knew what happened.

--Chris

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah I think I got my first chip about 3 days after I took delivery of the xB. It was small enough to repair and all has been well since. And they say they do safety in Utah cause they pay so much attention to the maintenance of the roads, POPPYCOCK!!!!! :rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.