Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found these stock alloy rims for my 08 XB. The guy wants $200 plus my tires, hubies (Ill have to go out and buy some) and steelies. So Im looking at $300 pretty much for these rims. For all of you price hounds who always find good prices on rims what do you think about this deal? i think its a great deal but Im not much a rims guy. Heres a copy of the add.

Also these will fit on my car right? Size is 5x114.3

5x114.3 Rims & Tires (Hilo)
Date: 2010-02-01, 9:38PM HST
Reply to: see below

Want to trade, 2010 Scion XB Factory Aluminum wheels and tires for stock steel wheels and cherry hubcaps plus $200.00 cash to me. Wheels have aprox. 3000 original miles and include the sensors, lug nuts and locks. The rims were a $800.00 option when we bought the car. There is NO curbage or stains on these wheels.

·
Registered
286 Posts
not too bad of a deal.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not bad in my eyes

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The wheels look good and seem to be in good condition. Is the shipping factored in already or is each party responsible for what they are sending?
Box Mafia has those same ones (aren't they?) that are now black.

Of all the TRD/Toyota ones, those are my favorites.

·
Registered
339 Posts
No those are the 18's I believe. I have the TRD 19's. Mine have about a 2 inch lip

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Theres no shipping since he lives down the road from me TJ. They also come with $70 wheel locks.

From the picture I thought they were 17's or 18's but he says they are 16's (which is just fine with me because the "roads" here are really bad and I wouldnt want to bend my rims).

Thanks for the info guys.

Oh I forgot to mention his tires have 3,000 miles and mine have 13,000 mines so Im getting better tires to (since we are doing a direct swap tires steelies and all).

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Wave Rider said:
Theres no shipping since he lives down the road from me TJ. They also come with $70 wheel locks.

From the picture I thought they were 17's or 18's but he says they are 16's (which is just fine with me because the "roads" here are really bad and I wouldnt want to bend my rims).

Thanks for the info guys.

Oh I forgot to mention his tires have 3,000 miles and mine have 13,000 mines so Im getting better tires to (since we are doing a direct swap tires steelies and all).
Down the road . . . ?

DO IT!!
(I would.)

·
Registered
741 Posts
I agree with Jack.. DO IT!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info guys! Looks like the total is going to be $320. Thats $200 for the rims and gulp $80 for the hubies and $20 to put the car on a lift and change out the tires. But I still think $300 is a pretty good deal for $800 rims. Ill post some pics when I get them on next saturday (not this coming sat.)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I dont know if this is an option, but since our tires are not covered, I say go to Discount tire, buy rims to your liking that are 16's, have them put your tires on them and get warrently from them on rims and tires for 600$. I know 300 more but it will cover all tires and wheels. IMO.

either way your xb will look better than just having steelies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xbam27 said:
I dont know if this is an option, but since our tires are not covered, I say go to Discount tire, buy rims to your liking that are 16's, have them put your tires on them and get warrently from them on rims and tires for 600$. I know 300 more but it will cover all tires and wheels. IMO.

either way your xb will look better than just having steelies.

That would be a good on the mainland but shipping to hawaii would be expensive.

And I love my steelies, Im just going to change my look up for right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sooooooo...

Got my rims today and put them on the car, they look SICK. There my first set of rims so Im super stoked lol. The issue is though that my tps sensor is going off. The dealer said they didnt hook it back up?... IDK much about the tps but wouldnt it be pretty easy to hook up and should'nt they of done that done that for me? I wasn't to happy with them...I ended up waiting 4 hours just to get my dang oil change! In there defense they were busy with all the recalls and there is only one Toyota/Scion dealer on the Island but still..

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Is it in Hilo or Kona?
If in Kona, must be a pain to get there . . .

On the TSPs, I wonder if they are coded for a vehicle?  If so, they may need to be reprogrammed.  (I think they are universal or brand specific and not individual vehicle specific, but not sure.)  I never really thought about it before . . .

And . . .
WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.