Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is whats going on. i overhauled the led on the mirror and now they are white. i also ordered 1157 bulbs that blink white. heres the problem. the driver side now blinks really fast and the light output is very low. i took it to scion and they said becasue they are white they can't touch it. even though the passenger side works and all the bulbs work too. if i put the orange back in the driver side it still blinks low and fast. whats going on? i really don't wanna desolder all this poop. just so they can llook at it. any ideas??? or anybody have this problem??

DJ

btw these are not led bulbs just plain chrome covered bulbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3wBLWja9-w

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: CRUD something wrong here....turn signal

Good point Eric. I wonder if it's the mirrors? If the led's you swapped are a lower voltage it could be causing it....I think!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

not da mirrors the chrome ones... sry bout that... mirrors look beautiful just the driver chrome.....

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

Since the chrome bulbs are direct replacements, I assume you didn't mess w/ the wiring, so put the stock amber bulbs back in and take it to the dealer. They can't blame those not working on your other turn signals... completely different wiring AFAIK. Lastly, have you checked your back turn signals to make sure they're working properly?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the rear ones blink fast too. i think its wiring the problem is. that means i got de solder and resolder my mirrors.....:( im pretty sure not all of the yellow ones survived...

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

Have you swapped out your rear turn signals too? Have you checked each terminal? If you wiggle it around or hold it to the side, does it work better? We don't have much to go on. If I had to say based on what you've provided, as far as details, I'd say you'd have to put all of your turn signals back to stock and take it in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The problem is the voltage and resistance difference between the new leds and bulbs. You can try two different things to fix this. The first option would be to use a Heavy Duty Flasher what this will essential do is ignore the resistance difference on the new LEDs. This does not always work especially if you are changing all of the turn signals to LED. The best bet is to get a "No Load Flasher" (If they make them for scions).

What happens is your stock flasher grounds through the bulbs completing the circuit for the flasher. When you remove a bulb or two to drop the load on the flasher causing it to flash erratically or not at all (good way to tell if your blinker lights burn out). Since LED's do not have a filiment running through them to ground the flasher you have to use a Heavy Duty Flasher or No Load Flasher or if you wanted but a bulb inline and hide it somewhere, But I would use the first two options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts