Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so i was wondering if anyone here has done a full custom exhaust set up? i like the Tsudo dual exhuast but i just dont like the tips at all. im really wanting to do a dual exhuast set up with quad burnt tips like this:

and it looks like both the borla and the tsudo dont have removable tips.

any suggestions from my fellow peeps?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Least expensive route would be to find an axle back from a newer STI with the rear muffler/tip setup like you posted. You could get it custom mounted up and should be okay. It'll probably look a little silly with the muffler mostly exposed, but could look alright.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
around how much will that run you?

im thinking of picking up the Tsudo Dual exhaust and having a local exhaust company that does custom tube bending make new tubes and get rid of the fartcans on the end and weld on new quad burnt tips.

·
Registered
161 Posts
around how much will that run you?

im thinking of picking up the Tsudo Dual exhaust and having a local exhaust company that does custom tube bending make new tubes and get rid of the fartcans on the end and weld on new quad burnt tips.
Hey man dont order the tsudo your paying for those cans. Have a exhaust shop custom make the whoke setup! Will sound great and cost less. Should be able to do full cat back for around $300 or less.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey man dont order the tsudo your paying for those cans. Have a exhaust shop custom make the whoke setup! Will sound great and cost less. Should be able to do full cat back for around $300 or less.
Maybe true but most exhaust shops don't have stainless piping on hand. Mild steel is what they use. Not a really fair comparison. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well if you look on the under side of the car:

i just want the two pipes from the cat back. the third section (the pipes with the tips will be re made. those tips are just toners and the shop im going through has a very nice muffler he said sounds awesome on four cylinder cars then new pipe with the dual exuast and quad tips. but to have those extra two sections made out of normal steel will cost more than this entire set up. and id rather have stainless plus its got all the flanges and everything. so if i can find a kit used for under 200. add another 200 ish for the custom work ive got a kick *** kit for around 400 dollars. if i want full custom im looking at 600+ easy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was at an exhaust shop today talking to them about doing the same setup on my box, but I'm going with quad flared tips that go from 2.5" to 3.5", after getting the car on the lift and looking at it with them I was told that buying the tsudo and having them cut the cans off and weld the new tips on would be the cheaper and better way to go, Since one the tsudo is mandrel bent and any thing you have a shop do would be bench press bent, and two you can get the tsudo for $310.00 and free shipping, and to have a shop make the exhaust with no muffler or resonator would cost around $600.00- $650.00 because of the amount of time it would take to get all the bends right.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I thought about doing the STI version years ago. It would definitely work, but it's silly expensive.
I like those tips, but there are trans am options for about $80, plus a cross flow muffler for about $100 and some mandrel bends for $50 and whatever labor the muffler shop would charge. Should be able to get it all done for under $400.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was at an exhaust shop today talking to them about doing the same setup on my box, but I'm going with quad flared tips that go from 2.5" to 3.5", after getting the car on the lift and looking at it with them I was told that buying the tsudo and having them cut the cans off and weld the new tips on would be the cheaper and better way to go, Since one the tsudo is mandrel bent and any thing you have a shop do would be bench press bent, and two you can get the tsudo for $310.00 and free shipping, and to have a shop make the exhaust with no muffler or resonator would cost around $600.00- $650.00 because of the amount of time it would take to get all the bends right.
luckily the shop im going to go with does custom mandrel bending not bench. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.