Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth buying cheap catback from ebay to use to resonator and s-pipe with a borla axle back or something similar. what would you guys think of it
130 shipped cant be beat for a resonator and s-pipe

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would look into specifics on the kit. Specifically, what resonator, what diameter tubing and is it stainless. If it is stainless, around 2.5" and has a fairly decent res, **** ya. Why not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIGH PERFORMANCE N1 STYLE CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FEATURING PATENTED STRAIGHT THROUGH & MULTI-CORE TECHNOLOGY TO UNLEASH HIDDEN HORSEPOWER
MADE OF HIGH QUALITY T-304 STAINLESS STEEL WITH MANDREL BEND ( LIGHT WEIGHT DESIGN )
5" OVAL TIP 2.5" INLET LIGHT-WEIGHT PIPING
C.N.C. MACHINED FLANGES
MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE WHICH INCREASES UP TO 15 HORSEPOWER
HIGH FLOW /AFTERMARKET CATALYTIC CONVERTER MAY BE NEEDED(NOT INCLUDED)

been seeing the same item go for about 145 shipped

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
658 Posts
I say go for it. You might love or hate the sound but you won't know until you hear it. That said, even if you hate it, that's a deal for the s-pipe alone given its probably comparable to the Weapon-R stainless for less money.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wait don't get it just yet.a guy gave me that same setup he had it on his box it was ok sounding to much fluttering sound though you can hear it on YouTube too. The rear muffler is crap. I ran the res and s pipe with a borla axle back it was hella loud too loud. The res is sweet but you need a quality muffler out back. And also you CAN'T use parts of this alone cause the measurements are different. The length of the res and s pipe are different .I will post up the pics. The tip is a muffled tip so it adds a stupid sound to it. Maybe if it was replaced it would be a tad better, but it's just not worth it go magnaflow replace the res with a long magnapack and put a 5" round magnaflow out back in factory spot it will be great.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are some pics of the exhaust. The bend is off and you can't pull it up unless you cut it and re weld it poor quality flanges don't line up correct you have to use smaller bolts so they will fit through but then its ok. but if you want loud and high flow use the res and s pipe lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your right on the bends thanks for the heads up that thing would probably pop a hole in it after one to many speed bumps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.