Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the site with the guy that makes custom shift knobs. They can get expensive depending on how complex you want it However you are guarenteed to have a unique shift knob like no other.

http://www.koolknobs.com/

I definatly plan to get one from him, was actually in talks about two knobs for my Jeep but that was before it had its little accident. Now there is no more Jeep.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not only that but I bet you can even get a color match since he makes the actual material for the knob. Could probably get the paint code and he could match it nicely. Let me know how it works out as I may do the same thing. Although I can make sure its different because he has different style knobs.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It won't be the same, I swear. Just as long as you tell me which style you get hehe. Plus mine will have a different number which makes it different by default. Wow I am really stretching it here :rofl:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so I finally got ahold of him. I ended up calling him. He isn't getting my emails for some reason. I talked to him about the paint issue. I am trying to find a way to get it to him. He can't go buy any cause the closest dealer is like 115 miles away for him. He said he is excited to get this one going. Got everything figured out cause he owns a scion himself. The knob its gonna be custom made so that it fits all the way down to the shift boot.

Oh and he is wondering why he hasn't heard from you in a while shancopp.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
heya evil.....I asked at the Post Office and I can't mail it either. He said anything that has "flammable" on it cannot go USPS. So, I'll have to look into UPS or DHL or FedEx.

I'm kinda tossed about what to get. I'm not sure if I like the look/feel of a round ball knob?

I need to go look at his site again.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Shancopp said:
I'm kinda tossed about what to get. I'm not sure if I like the look/feel of a round ball knob?
For a "test," spend $15 or so on an "8-Ball" from a parts place or truck stop. They are very common.
While not a perfect fit (I used one of the smaller than correct insert and drilled/threaded it to fit correctly and tightly), it will get you the idea. I LOVE the feel of a round knob myself.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Eviljack thanks for the thread .... Was looking for a Smiley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts