Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one thing of my long list to do, is completed

the tint

on my old xB 2011, I put tint, of course, dark because here in Texas is hot as ****, it is a necessity

on my old 2011 xB, was put on by a guy on a custom garage shop, I thought will be a good quality, I did try to do my homework and find someone who will not scam me and .... you know..... and take my money

anyway.... that tnit was dark for sure.... but the quality was not good, on the night was a little bit ( a little bit ?? ) hard to see from inside, and I pay a lot ( for me ) for that tint ( $300 )

This time......(with the 2014 xB 10.0) since the dealer pay for the tint ( was include on the price already, cannot say no ) I decide to make the windows dark too, as dark as I can, due to the weather here in Texas

of course the dealer just paid for "" a basic tint ""..... but they told me that I can go to the "3rd party garage/shop" who will put the tint on the car, they were aware that I can go there and just wait, instead that wait at the dealer until they came to puck up the car and then bring it back

was a great opportunity !!

went there to the " 3rd party garage/shop " and of course, let them know that I want the darkest tint that I can get and the best quality..... key word ( I pay the difference ) just let me know how much.... I thought will not be more than $300 since the dealer already paid (charge me) $400, (yes, $400, I know, but I cannot refuse it)

this "3rd party garage/shop" did really help me, they install a carbon XP type tint , and just charge me $100 extra ( good for me )

this carbon xp tint..... is wonderful ( I have to say ), dark enough for this heat in Texas and still I can see from inside to the outside, it is like wear one of those mega expensive sunglasses vs the dollar sun glasses

lol

anyway.... the tint has been completed on my list

P.S. the tint is totally on the legal side (lol) just in case

Attachments

· Registered
314 Posts
I have it on mines also best heat rejection

· Registered
51 Posts
We had 20% tint on our back 3 windows and 35 on the front side two and the eyebrow and it was great. Now with our new 2014 XB we had the same tint put on and cost 140.00 and he comes to your location and life time Guarentee . This guy is good and our 3rd vehicle done over the last 2 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.