Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When I went to buy my XB, I went to the dealership thinking to myself, 'Okay... no temptations. just buy the base model with no options.'

I got to the dealership. I see the one I wanted before I got there (the salesman had it parked in front for me) and then there was another one parked right next to it. I am not quite sure if this is a sales strategy that they pulled but, oh boy, it looked too good next to the base model.

The one next to it had $2500 rims. (XXR 507 18s)
Carbon fiber door trims.

That is almost $3000 over what I was expecting to pay.
But damn I just couldn't resist.
Even at the time of signing documents, I'm thinking, 'I bet I can get those rims at $500 on ebay.'

Well, after I purchase something, I try not to look for pricing on the same item. Usually turns out that I overpaid. And...

Here it is. $589.00. DAMN IT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-XXR-Chrome-507-Wheels-Rims-G35-350Z-Nissan-Staggered_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43958QQihZ019QQitemZ290243116770QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Oh, you youngin's :)

My head has no problem whatsoever going from side to side :rofl: <-turn that guy 90degress counterclockwise

I got mine with just one option, that I specifically asked for.

Nice rims, BTW :)

· Registered
1,989 Posts
To be honest, if my wife would have gone for it, I would have gotten wheels and tires from the dealer, so it would have been rolled up in the financing. Now, I'm stuck shopping around for a deal that's too good to pass up & they're few & far between. I really didn't mean to make you feel bad. With tires included, mounted, balanced, sensors, etc. it's not a huge loss. Plus, assuming you financed, your loan rate is probably less than most credit cards. :)

· Registered
167 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I opted for the TRD 19s. I'm sure I was way overcharged for them as well. Oh well, what's done is done, but I am content. Enjoy your new wheels!

· Registered
2008 xB
568 Posts
Think of it this way. If you keep the xB for 100 years that works out to $25 a year...which is just a little over six bucks a wheel. You got a deal!

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eric said:
Plus, assuming you financed, your loan rate is probably less than most credit cards. :)
That is true. I could have shopped around for a new credit card that would do 0% for an introductory period but saved me the hassle. Too bad Scion doesn't have special financing like Toyota's 0.9%, 1.9% and I think I've seen 0% for 72 months being offered by some American company.

Shouldn't PURE PRICING mean 0 interest too?

· Registered
284 Posts
yeah, you live and learn...

I got three things added for free that I had to fight for and won.
It was tough though, spending long hours while they are trying to nickel and dime me.

it took me 3 month of research before investing on my xb. I walked in there ready for a challenge !! even the sales guy said that I've done my home work ... ;)

so yeah, I ended with alarm system,fog lights and mats (which I had to argue as of why they are sold separately ) all added at base model price

anyways like I said, you live and learn..

no worries... you still got what you wanted.

· Registered
782 Posts
boblamb58 said:
Oh, you youngin's :)

<snip>

I got mine with just one option, that I specifically asked for.

Nice rims, BTW :)
I got mine with exactly two (both of which they had to install) everything else had to be returned to the bare "canvas"! Then I went to town, personally installing exactly what I wanted :D!

PS. OP, congrats on your new box - enjoy :)!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.