Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help me out. While washing our black '08 xB today, I noticed an electrical unit dangling loose by its wire, visible behind the lower grill. I was able to reach it from the top by loosening the one side of the grill/radiator cover plate. The wire is attached to the backside of the bumper, and the sender, or whatever it is, is black in color, and 'dead ended' to itself. It's screwed to a small L-shaped plate that has obvious attachment spring-grip clamps on the other end.
Where does this attach? And what is it? Thanks very much. Great site - hope to explore it more.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i'm pretty sure it's a ground connector for the factory foglights...

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
er.. "Dangling Electrical Unit?" Sorry, watch Zack & Miri Make A P**** last night :)

I would second JOEY G-xB's opinion. I saw those on mine when I did an aftemarket foglamp install a while back, and had the entire front clip off the car. I don't see what else they could be.

http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT857-52080inst.pdf <here's the install procedure from TRDSPARKS.com. Page 8 shows the electrical unit you mention.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. Hadn't thought that 'dangling electrical' would lead to some amusing images, but you're right - it is amusing.
I don't think it's the foglight connectors, though. The unit looks more like a sender or sensor of some sort, as it is definitely single-ended. It lines up with the vertical cylinder on the driver's side of the radiator.
But I can use the TRW disassembly instructions to get the grill off and check it out better. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I still don't know what it is, but, following the disassembly instructions (thanks again) I was able to figure out where it goes, and put it back: there is a small plastic tab that sticks out in front of the bottom of the radiator. The metal 'prongs' on the end of the unit's mounting plate clamp on to that tab. This is visible through the lower grill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.