Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Can anyone tell me what the dash switch/blanks are reserved for? I believe the one furthest left is for fog lights and the middle one is for traction control, but I can't figure out what the last one is reserved for.

On a related note, has anyone one found OEM switches that fit these positions?

Thank you!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric said:
I don't know that the others are reserved for anything specific, other than perhaps LED lighting...
Hi Eric:

I guess I should have specified that I was interested in the "official" Scion upgrade switch designations. It looks like the Scion LED lighting option uses/installs a new switch in the console.

http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PTS21-52084inst.pdf

Eric said:
I used the knockout closest to the steering wheel to add a button for my garage door remote ;)
Were you able to find a drop-in switch to fit that knockout or did you mod one?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I never posted a finished product pic in this thread, so here you go...

I'm currently working on getting one of the LED lighted switches below (from Oznium) to fit in a knockout. It might be a close fit since it's significantly larger than the one I posted above. Right now I'm actually waiting for my Dremel to get back from getting repaired, so I can finish this part of the project. I'll be sure to post pics once I get that completed. It's going to go in the blank next to the shifter & will control the interior lighting (cold cathodes & LEDs) :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I added a remote gain knob for my subwoofer amplifier to the center console where the empty knock out was. I also swapped it with the hazards button. I bumped it all the time when adjusting my climate control while driving.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
draginknee said:
I added a remote gain knob for my subwoofer amplifier to the center console where the empty knock out was. I also swapped it with the hazards button. I bumped it all the time when adjusting my climate control while driving.
nice job draginknee! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oznium sells OEM style rocker switches that many use in the xB1s. The round light up ones Ive used before also but those are really hard to get them all to center correctly and look perfect. If you dont mind the wait, Ive ordered off of ebay before on the rectangular lighted LED switches.. which are very easy to line up and look like it was factory. You can get like a set of 6 for like $12 bucks on ebay, only drawback is since they are shipped from Asia, takes about 2 weeks to get. Im getting some installed alone with like 15 strips of Oznium LED flex strips tomorrow. Ill post pics after.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have the underdash and cup holder LED option in the car and they put the switch in the center floor console just about under the parking brake. I also got the security and they used the extra spot near the shifter for that.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
callmemrbill said:
I have the underdash and cup holder LED option in the car and they put the switch in the center floor console just about under the parking brake. I also got the security and they used the extra spot near the shifter for that.
That's where my LED push button is too. Not a big fan of it being there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Shancopp said:
That's where my LED push button is too. Not a big fan of it being there.
I am with ya there Shanncopp, I am not a big fan of it being there either. It seems like it is hidden and not practical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts