Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
Seems cool to me. Can't hurt for the price. DC makes good products.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, I'll order one within a few weeks and post some pictures, since I can't seem to find a picture of the actual one anywhere, only stock images.

· Registered
368 Posts
Looks great....DC Sports has a good reputation. Not sure if you have sway bars installed but just wanted to suggest that you may be better served to install sway bars over a strut tower bar on your B to stiffen the suspension and improve cornering. Having said that, I installed Hotchkis sway bars front and back on my son's Box and then followed up with a TRD strut tower brace for added stiffness. The car handles far better than stock now.

Regards,

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great....DC Sports has a good reputation. Not sure if you have sway bars installed but just wanted to suggest that you may be better served to install sway bars over a strut tower bar on your B to stiffen the suspension and improve cornering. Having said that, I installed Hotchkis sway bars front and back on my son's Box and then followed up with a TRD strut tower brace for added stiffness. The car handles far better than stock now.

Regards,

BamBam
BoxGT1
I ordered the sways last week, Hotchkis is way backordered and I wont be getting them until late July. Then getting springs, and I'll see where to take it from there.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the picture and description, it's hard to tell if this brace installs at the top of the strut towers (like the TRD strut tower brace) or does it install at the lower suspension arms? Has anyone installed this brace, and if so can you post pics?
I'm pretty sure that picture is just a stock image and isn't the actual bar. I'll be ordering one soon, and I'll take some pictures.

· Registered
614 Posts
From the picture and description, it's hard to tell if this brace installs at the top of the strut towers (like the TRD strut tower brace) or does it install at the lower suspension arms? Has anyone installed this brace, and if so can you post pics?
According to their website, it mounts at the top like the TRD one does.

· Registered
368 Posts
I ordered the sways last week, Hotchkis is way backordered and I wont be getting them until late July. Then getting springs, and I'll see where to take it from there.
Great to hear that......you will not regret spending your $$$ on these mods....it will really tranform your ride. If you plan to install springs, sways, and the strut tower bar there is an installation sequence that I read about (TRD spring install instructions from the TRD Sparks website). If I recall, it said to install springs, sways, and then the strut tower bar. Just a heads up, if you order/install the Hotchkis bars you will need to do a front end alignment afterwards.

Look forward to seeing some pictures when you complete the installs.

BamBam
BoxGT1

· Registered
658 Posts
In my opinion (as someone who works for Toyota) there are better/cheaper options. Specifically Tanabe and DC both make ones that are great quality for a much lower price without sacrificing quality.

One thing to consider is any TRD product will have an equivalent through another company and the price point will be far better and at times, the quality as good and for the money, better.

My $0.02

· Registered
782 Posts
DC Sports strut bars vastly improve a car's road manners and handling characteristics, works with the factory suspension components, and are a must for road race applications or spirited weekend drivers.
FWIW -- unless you are indeed a very spirited driver (as in very quick directional changes), or even more serious in your car usage (road race), then adding a front strut tower brace provides only a modest benefit (even subtle). The reality is that most drivers notice little to no difference following installation, so by all means install a rear sway bar (you already have one in the front), but take it slow on a strut tower brace -- the value depends entirely on your driving habits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.