Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought my second car [2008 xB automatic] @ Northridge Toyota/Scion and was really pleased with my experiece.

Inna, the internet/fleet manager was extremely nice and helpful. even though i was still in the process of finishing a deal to sell my Solara, she ordered my Super White xB from the docks brought it up to the dealership.

it could not have gone smoother, as i sold my car last Tuesday, went to the bank and paid my Solara off, then went to see Inna that same night and my xB had arrived the night before!

i picked it up w/ 7 miles on it and am really enjoying it. i had forgotten how much i liked my original Polar White xB!

i got another surprise today from Tom Foley in the service department - my first intstall of any accessories i may have picked up [CAI, steering wheel etc.] is going to be $50 an hour for the install, saving me some bucks on the install.

i highly recommend Inna for any purchase, not just a Scion! :yes:

if interested, pm me and i will give you my name for a referral.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Anybody else have a dealer experience to share? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Mine was good. I went in wanting a tc. Salesman took me inside to the showroom to see a Flint Mica one and she was beautiful! As it soon began to sink in that a one year old in a car seat and an 8 yr old in a booster seat and a 2 door car is not a smart thing, I started noticing the silver xB parked right next to her.

I sat in it, walked around it, looked back over at the tc, asked dh which he preferred and he always said "Your car...you pick". The salesman put up with my indecisiveness and when I finally went w/ the xB, I think I drove him nuts with the picking options part! He printed up I don't know how many of the options selections page.

He even told us they probably couldn't give us payoff on our conversion van. He recommended going down the road to carmax. We did and their offer sucked. We came back to Butler(Scion dealer) and they looked at our van and actually paid it off and gave us 400 over!

He told us if we were to put $500 down, we'd have first dibs on the RS which was to come in about 2 weeks. We knew we were getting an xB, so we put the $$ down. The call came and we went back down and I wanted it.

So, I was having trouble deciding which stuff to add and he actually talked me out of some stuff to keep my payment at 400...my limit. He talked me out of the lowering springs and dvd headrests. Went with the NAV, mats, spoiler, fog lites, cupholder illum and bumper applique.

He's even emailed since asking how the car is doing and about Scion events in the INdy area. They had a great playroom that kept the kids occupied too and that was a life saver I must say.

Highly recommend Butler Scion of Indy!

·
Registered
635 Posts
My dealer experience wasn't that good at all. I had typed a 6 page letter about my experience and sent it to the dealer and also to Scion with my survey. Of course like I expected they didn't contact me and ask me any questions about it.

The main problem I had with the dealer was the service department. They had done some damage to my car and left it in horrible condition when giving it back to me. It wasn't a good experience at all.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
callmemrbill said:
My dealer experience wasn't that good at all. I had typed a 6 page letter about my experience and sent it to the dealer and also to Scion with my survey. Of course like I expected they didn't contact me and ask me any questions about it.

The main problem I had with the dealer was the service department. They had done some damage to my car and left it in horrible condition when giving it back to me. It wasn't a good experience at all.
i am surprised that Scion did not contact you!

you should call them at the link below and tell them in person:

http://www.scion.com/#contactUs

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well I am giving Scion time to process things. I was even more surprised that the dealer didn't contact me. I would think they would want to make sure they don't have an unhappy customer out there. I mean I am not going to picket them or anything, but I am not shy about what happened. The only reason I didn't post anything here is because it is allot to post. I typed a whole timeline of events that gave names and dates and what happened. It was pretty informative. We will see what happens. The dealership has definitely lost my business, but Scion sure hasn't.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
callmemrbill said:
Well I am giving Scion time to process things. I was even more surprised that the dealer didn't contact me. I would think they would want to make sure they don't have an unhappy customer out there. I mean I am not going to picket them or anything, but I am not shy about what happened. The only reason I didn't post anything here is because it is allot to post. I typed a whole timeline of events that gave names and dates and what happened. It was pretty informative. We will see what happens. The dealership has definitely lost my business, but Scion sure hasn't.
my xB was damaged when they washed it when i was taking delivery and someone scraped the door panel - they ended up ordering me a new door panel :)

Northridge Toyota / Scion has always had Great service & sales departments! i owned a Solara for 3.5 years i bough there and always had good service.

too bad you are not in this area ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah I have thought that myself. Hearing the experiences some of you have had with your dealerships I am a little jealous. They did fix the problems they caused but they kinda went about it like, "well we don't know if you did it or we did it, but we will fix it for you." I am like of course you will fix it cause you did it. I mean if I did it I wouldn't make them fix it, my mistake I will take care of it. But when they did it and then tried to push it on me, that was not good. That whole thing just drives me crazy. I spent so much money and just wanted them to treat my car like it was a new car, cause it was. Not like it was a used old beater that I got for 10 bucks. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My xB purchase was the smoothest, most hassle-free car-buying experience I've ever had. This is my 6th vehicle. 3 used, 3 new: 79 Thunderbird, 81 Corolla, 82 Cressida, 94 Accord, 01 Jeep Wranger, 08 xB.

I bought at Scion of Slidell. If you're in the area and looking there, ask for Ryan Denmark.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bump.

This could be a very useful thread if it had some updated comments. Any additional input on sales/service experiences?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Geezer said:
Bump.

This could be a very useful thread if it had some updated comments. Any additional input on sales/service experiences?
Good grief dude, the last comment on this thread is over a year and a half old. Talk about resurrecting the dead!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm a (relatively) long time viewer, first time post-er to this forum. By all means, I am not a Trekkie, but I just thought the xB2's remind me of the Borg ship (well, more so with the first gen); hence, my username.

We just purchased a 2010 xB, 5-speed manual in Classic Silver Metallic a couple of weeks ago. Other than the floormats, there are no other options on the car, but I am looking for wheels as the first upgrade. My previous transport was a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder which was also a box. I liked that truck a lot, but the xB is much smoother, more nimble, and more solid feeling.

We purchased our xB at Longo Scion in El Monte, CA. We actually live in the Bay Area (northern Cali), but at the time we were looking, none of the dealers here had a manual in silver. Most Toyota/Scion websites allow you to view their inventory so you get a good idea which dealer has the one you're looking for in stock. Of course, be sure to call ahead first to make sure that they still have the vehicle since they don't always update those webpages right away.

When we went out to buy our xB, we had a list of Scion dealers (all in SoCal at the time) that had manual in silver. Dealers that I called required me to fill out a credit application or place a $500 deposit using my credit card. I can understand their situation, but it would've made it difficult for us to back out if we didn't like the car (e.g., had rattles, previously damaged, etc.).

Our purchasing experience at Longo was extremely pleasant and they really made me feel that they earned our business. When I called Longo Scion, I spoke with Richard Meraz who actually walked up to their lot (actually a parking structure) to see the xB with his very eyes. He told me if there were any options installed and how many miles exactly the car had (4 miles). He was a no nonsense, no pressure kinda guy, and most importantly, he would hold the car for me without any commitment. As he knew I was driving down and would drive back up right away, he offered to have the service guys install the stereo and the hubcap design I wanted already and ready for my test drive. Paperwork was a breeze and the trip to the finance department was a pain-free and pressure-free experience.

Longo Toyota is said to be the largest Toyota dealership in the world and while I cannot confirm that, it is by far the biggest dealer I've ever seen. They even have their own Starbucks inside! And no, it's not just a measly little counter either. Their sales department and finance departments both looked like an office department with cubes everywhere. Their service bays are as far as the eye can see.

Whatever the case, we truly love our xB and I look forward to being a contributing member of this collective. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Longo also sells an awesome set of LED tail lights for gen2 XB. Their customer service is awesome. The Internet guy they have (Jeff) was very helpful.
Too bad you don't live closer to the dealership for your maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, Parkers09xB!

Actually, Longo even provides a coupon for your third oil change for free. Plus a bottle of touch-up paint. If anyone has any good dealer service experiences here in the Bay Area, please let us know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts