Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an email from my local Scion dealer reminding me to come in for the scheduled maintenance. It included a list of what's included (pasted below). If I read this correctly, a major service is $400 and includes an oil change, tire rotation, and an air filter. In addition, they look at a bunch of stuff but don't fix it unless I pay for repairs. Does that seem a bit expensive to anyone else, or is it just me?

SCION SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE PROGRAM PRICING MENU
BASIC SERVICE EVERY 5K MILES $69.95
INCLUDES:
Replace engine oil & filter
Rotate tires
Visually inspect brake linings/drums & brake pads/discs

INSPECT/ADJUST:
Ball joints & dust covers
Drive shaft boots
Engine air filter
Steering linkage & boots
Drive shaft bolts
Nuts & bolts on chasis

INTERMEDIATE 15K / 45K / 75K $214.95
INCLUDES:
Basic Service PLUS

INSPECT/ADJUST:
Brake linings/drums & brake pads/discs
Brake lines & hoses
Engine coolant
Exhaust pipes & mountings
Radiator core & condenser
Steering gear box

MAJOR SERVICE 30K / 60K / 90K $398.95
INCLUDES:
Basic Service PLUS
Replace engine air filter

INSPECT/ADJUST:
Brake linings/drums & brake pads/discs
Brake lines & hoses
Engine coolant
Exhaust pipes & mountings
Front differential fluid
Fuel lines & connections, fuel tank vapor vent hoses
Fuel tank cap gasket
Radiator core & condenser
Steering gear box
Transmission fluid or oil
Tighten drive shaft bolt
'04 - '06 xA/xB replace spark plugs
$82.00
'08 xB replace cabin air filter
$39.95
SOME MODELS AND MODEL YEARS REQUIRE ADDITIONAL SERVICES
Some mileage intervals may require additional inspections, but are included in the prices above.

· Registered
284 Posts
THAT '08 xB replace cabin air filter
$39.95 such a rip off!!

just to remove and add filter? ..you can buy cabin filter at ebay for $10 and do it yourself...along with my other things.

· Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THAT '08 xB replace cabin air filter
$39.95 such a rip off!!

just to remove and add filter? ..you can buy cabin filter at ebay for $10 and do it yourself...along with my other things.
Yeah, I already do my own oil changes. I buy furnace filters and cut them to size for the cabin air filter.

I was mostly appalled that the price jumps from $70 for the oil change to $400; and the only thing you get for the extra $330 is a visual inspection!

· Registered
40 Posts
I use to think the dealer had the best tecs and it gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling to get my Toyota's serviced there. When I got my used 2010 xB I took it there first thing to get the full service treatment, after treating me like crap lol, I got home and looked to see if they really replaced the air filter and found a crack in my air box. Some visual inspection right! That sucks! Tec replaced the filter and didn't even see the crack, one big enough to let dirt into my intake. I'm done trusting them and I told them they lost a loyal customer. If you don't buy you car from them (Kearny Masa Toyota) they do give a crap about you, and I payed 250.00 to find out the hard way that the service tec and service manger don't care either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.