Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just bought a used Honda last week. The dealer put his vinyl sticker on the back of it. I desperately want to get it off of there without scratching the paint. You guys have any suggestions? Thanks

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
rollaball said:
My wife just bought a used Honda last week. The dealer put his vinyl sticker on the back of it. I desperately want to get it off of there without scratching the paint. You guys have any suggestions? Thanks
Heat and careful picking . . .
Then, Goo-Gone to get the remain sticky adhesive off.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Heat, yes, but if it's cold out, you may want to wait for warmer weather. The car and the sticker both need to be warm for it to work well. I used a hair dryer when we bought our station wagon many moons ago. I think it helped that it was a relatively new placement, so it pretty much came off in a single piece.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can use a heat gun, but it has to be on the "low" setting and you have to keep it moving. When the sticker starts to wrinkle, pick it off with tweezers.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Or just a hair dryer (for those w/o a heat gun, like me) . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.