Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everybody, I am from Chicago and am living in Texas till April. Anyway it's farm country and the property that I'm living on has outside cats living on it. To save money I started to wash my toaster myself instead of going to touchless car washes. Every morning I wake up or as soon as I finish washing my car, I see dirty cat paw prints all over my hood and mud smears on the roof and lower side of my XB. :sneaky: Is there anything I can do or are there any tips to give me to keep these cats from walking all over my car? I wanted to get a car cover but I don't think it would be worth it since I wont be here that much longer and there are no cats where I live at. I always hope my car alarm would scare them off but I guess they don't give enough impact when they bounce on the hood. Help a fellow XB lover! :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
I live in Texas! :D I keep my xB as spotless as possible, so there never is a ton of dust and dirt on it. However, I remember one time I did find little footprints on my hood... Didn't bother me that much. I just chuckled and went on doing what I was doing.

Maybe you could just lay big towles on your hood and roof. Then again, that would just make your car an even more comfy bed for the little kitties. :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard there is like powder stuff you can lay around your car, it has a smell that cats just can't stand, but I heard half of that stuff doesn't work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some people think I'm OCD because I wash my car twice a week.
 

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
Joined
·
4,314 Posts
xsalvationx said:
Some people think I'm OCD because I wash my car twice a week.
I wash mine . . .
Occasionally.

(The big advantage of silver: it seldom looks dirty unless it is REALLY nasty.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I have black. I love the look of it when it's clean but 5 seconds later it gets dirty. Downside of black cars obviously.
 

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
Joined
·
4,314 Posts
Is there any way to keep the SQUIRRELS away from a box?
I've managed to run over 13 of the poor things, mostly just up the street from my house. They just run in front of my silver fridge at the last second . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha that's amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
I would be more worried about them scratching the paint, then leaving a dirt paw print :eek:hno:. I guess you could get a car cover, I am so glad I have a garage.

xsalvationx said:
Ok everybody, I am from Chicago and am living in Texas till April. Anyway it's farm country and the property that I'm living on has outside cats living on it. To save money I started to wash my toaster myself instead of going to touchless car washes. Every morning I wake up or as soon as I finish washing my car, I see dirty cat paw prints all over my hood and mud smears on the roof and lower side of my XB. :sneaky: Is there anything I can do or are there any tips to give me to keep these cats from walking all over my car? I wanted to get a car cover but I don't think it would be worth it since I wont be here that much longer and there are no cats where I live at. I always hope my car alarm would scare them off but I guess they don't give enough impact when they bounce on the hood. Help a fellow XB lover! :help:
 
G

·
ARSTECHNICA said:
I would be more worried about them scratching the paint, then leaving a dirt paw print :eek:hno:. I guess you could get a car cover, I am so glad I have a garage.

xsalvationx said:
Ok everybody, I am from Chicago and am living in Texas till April. Anyway it's farm country and the property that I'm living on has outside cats living on it. To save money I started to wash my toaster myself instead of going to touchless car washes. Every morning I wake up or as soon as I finish washing my car, I see dirty cat paw prints all over my hood and mud smears on the roof and lower side of my XB. :sneaky: Is there anything I can do or are there any tips to give me to keep these cats from walking all over my car? I wanted to get a car cover but I don't think it would be worth it since I wont be here that much longer and there are no cats where I live at. I always hope my car alarm would scare them off but I guess they don't give enough impact when they bounce on the hood. Help a fellow XB lover! :help:


Yeah my freaking neighbors cat scratched the poo out of my hood. I did manage to scare the pee out of it when I jumped on my car and I hit my panic button. The neighbor must of saw that because that year for Christmas they gave me a cal. car duster lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
HI,

I keep a piece of magnetic sheeting around to put over the hood. That way if a cat jumps up on the hood, the protector item does not go sliding. It's thick enough so claws do not go through it as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
I like my Glock. Even if I miss, the noise scares the sh!t out of 'em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Chimuka said:
HI,

I keep a piece of magnetic sheeting around to put over the hood. That way if a cat jumps up on the hood, the protector item does not go sliding. It's thick enough so claws do not go through it as well.
I have covers for my scooters, and the little rat bastards find a way to get up under it and leave paw prints on the seat. My Yamaha has a textured seat material that is harder to get the dirt out of with just one swipe. And they are my/our own two cats. Cant have garage door closed all the time. If its not ours its the neighbors cats so its a losing battle. He has a Camero collection. He advises to be careful of covering painted surfaces with material that doesn't breathe which could lead to paint blistering.

What really drives me nuts is the flying toilets down at the marina that can hit anything or anybody at any moment. If its not seagulls, then its geese messing up the docks, or the ducks getting on the swim platform crapping them up. Then you have to watch for dog crap if the owners missed clean up. So as long as the cats don't crap or pee in or on my vehicles, I'm not for harming them.
I certainly don't want to clean up decapitated cat blood from my interior.
Squirrels on the other hand, are furry tailed rats as my one neighbor calls them, are just plain suicidal. We have a transformer they keep getting on and frying themselves, plus it knocks our power out so we have to call the power company to come reset the breaker.
I can live with cats, just keep the Windex handy :(
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top