Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a severe t-storm came through while I was out yesterday. Someone's portable basketball hoop was next to the road and blew over on my xB just as I was driving by. It cracked my windshield, broke off my passenger side mirror, put huge dents in the A-pillar and the roof above the door, and scratch he'd throu the paint all the way across the roof.

BTW my mirror is just hanging from wires. I don't want to drive it like that. Does anyone know how to take it off?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely filing an insurance claim. I just don't want to drive it with the mirror flopping around. Can I disconnect the wires/cables from inside the sail too?

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure. I'll be going to get estimates this afternoon.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some picts of the damage. The estimate is $4100.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, u can disconnect it. Also, it won't total, looks like alot of repair time, but no replacement of parts < expect glass, black decals & mirror assy >.
One of the body shops I went to popped the interior door panel and unplugged it for me. The estimated repair time is about 2 weeks. They are going to completely replace the A-pillar and the part above the door. He also said roofs are very hard to get flat again b/c the metal is so thin and they may replace the whole roof if they can't get it to look perfect.

I like the idea of new metal rather than trying to pull the dents and filling with bondo. The shop I'm taking it to has a good rep and is currently working on a Porsche Boxter, a Rolls Royce, and recently finished a Maserati. I guess they can fix my Scion. :biggrin:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Shoot, sorry to hear that! Did you talk to those people? It seems like something their homeowner's insurance should pay you for, right?

**** did some looking around and seems like you have to rely on your own insurance. Did you talk to those people at all though?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shoot, sorry to hear that! Did you talk to those people? It seems like something their homeowner's insurance should pay you for, right?

**** did some looking around and seems like you have to rely on your own insurance. Did you talk to those people at all though?
I went back to the house about 15-20 minutes later after the storm let up. Either no one was home, or they wouldn't come to the door. I took a few picts and wrote down their address.

Yeah, for comp losses like this my insurance fixes the car. Then they will decide whether to go after the owner of the basketball hoop to get reimbursed. If I didn't have comprehensive coverage, it would be up to me to get $$ from the homeowner.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just picked up my xB from the body shop. She looks good as new :biggrin:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Dude! At least you still have your box, my buddy woke up this morning and his 2012 bsp was stolen! He had insurance, but it was loaded with work stuff too. It was parked outside his bedroom window on the street, but he never heard s##t from the alarm! At least he thought it had an alarm. How do you know?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
596 Posts
Dude! At least you still have your box, my buddy woke up this morning and his 2012 bsp was stolen! He had insurance, but it was loaded with work stuff too. It was parked outside his bedroom window on the street, but he never heard s##t from the alarm! At least he thought it had an alarm. How do you know?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
is this your buddys ride

Scion XB 2012 stolen in Los Feliz

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Crazy zinger!
happy it's fixed!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.