Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey just got myself my first japanese car. 5 euros and 1 lemon american car later I got my first one.

short picture history of my cars lol

04 passat 1.8T apr tuned GIAC trans tuned exhaust

95 saab 900 se vert turbo 5spd (to many mods to list)

1986 wolfsburg vanagon (turd)

2008 Rabbit S (to many mods to list)

brought it down about another inch after those pictures (on racelands)

then i bought the american turd
2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo

5 power steering pumps, steering rack, steering wheel, front end bushings, exhaust, radio, seat heaters, window switches, and a set of lug nuts later GM decided they would buy it back at 8k miles....

then I landed on a 2012 Sizzling crimson micah xb2. Test drove it was super super quiet compared to my regal i had a huge problem finding a stick tho.

the day i got her

already have a strup catback and set of headers.

this is in the works after i paint them :)

16x8 ET?? and yes they are jeep wheels.

as she sits now

peicing together a Car-pc to go full active sound setup. will be 3 active speakers in the front doors, no rear fill, pioneer 12 in the trunk.

i have big plans for this car so stay tuned :)

Drew

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
WELCOME!!!

I drove an 87 VW Vanagon Wolfsburg (Wolfram Grey) for 7 years from 1992-1998. I loved it and it handled well- just took forever for the 95 HP to push it to speed and took a while for the tiny disks to slow it down again.
Of course, that was well over a decade ago . . . so it may have turned turd over that decade.

Popular engine replacements (to get rid of the lack of power) are a direct bolt-on of a 911 (up to 993 version) aircooled flat-6 or a conversion to a watercooled Subaru flat-4. Back around 2000, both were readily available.
I got a one-for-one trade for my father's 90 Miata, so I took it & still own it.
Still, I miss Spectre (my name for the VW) sometimes. I had a LOT of fun in that thing.

Amazing how many former VW owners have gotten xB2s . . .
Quick memory flash/quiz on VWs: How many had the window randomly breaking and sliding down the track . . .
My first-first car was a 1985 Audi 5000 (Till my grandmother borrowed and killed it in a multi-car accident in Atlanta) had that repeatedly. -Just one of the bizarre problems that VW never did quite seem to fix.
--- What it was is a plastic shock-absorbing element in the electric window track that would snap and the window would just slide down the tracks. It was present for a couple decades before a fix finally showed up. VW just kept fixing them for free . . .

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Oh, and I LOVE the color combo of the 2008 Rabbit!
That dark gray looks WONDERFUL with orange trim.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
funny my name is drew too! haha someone from that group should make a facebook page so i can join that and figure out where everyones at! gonna have some huge DIY days at my place in lake orion (like when i get my coilovers) so those who want to learn can come out and watch/lend a hand. alot of my buddies drive vw's so it could be a cool mix.

making a CarPC for this ride.
so far i have an old dell computer (p4 single core 2.8ghz 1g ram 400g hard drive)
a lilliput monitor for the double din

this is a full touch screen monitor that will be used with Centrafuse (a digital "dashboard" for controlling things without looking at a traditional desktop.)

a sub and amp combo i got for dirt *** cheap (like new too)

i have a set of wheels like I said and raceland is so close to releasing the coilovers so ill have LOW sounds and wheels...sounds good to me lol

also so far ive got strup headers and catback (which sound SO good)

gonna do my headliner in black soon too. then i gotta find someone whos done the dash lights for the cluster cus im redoing that too.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its been a while since i updated.

heres some new parts ive recieved via the big brown truck!

Dayton 7" speakers for down low

4 channel i got for 61 bucks shipped brand new...not a crunch fan but alot of power for cheap so who cares lol

in process of saving for air ride (i want to order by july 1st) so after the audio goes in no more parts till its slammered.

Drew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.