Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not important at all, just wanted to share.

I bought some used NF210's for $120 on another forum, took the front end apart, and found out that I had a bad strut. My front struts only have around 10k miles on them, but one already died on me... Despite being a year and a half old, Amazon was gracious enough to overnight me a new one for free since it's a KYB, and I got it all back together today.

The fun happened when I went to get an alignment. Front aligned just fine, but the back toe was +0.30 on each side, which is tire-shredding territory. Spent the evening adding 1/64th shims behind the rear hubs (on the forward two bolts) and I'm headed back tomorrow to have it remeasured. If my math is right that should put me around 0.10 on each side, which is right around what it should be stock (IIRC the true stock value is around 0.10-0.15).

I'll post up pics once I've had time to give her a bath; she's dirty and tired tonight (just like me).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Side note (not worthy of its own thread) I got my TechStream cable and disc in the mail from ebay ($25 from China) and it works great. Already changed a few settings; namely I made sure the remote unlocks all doors on first click now :)

Lots of really cool stuff in TechStream.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha! The dealer near me said one push all doors unlock wasn't possible. D_cks!
Absolutely possible. Here are the four things I changed so far:

1. Unlocking with key in drivers door unlocks all doors on first turn
2. Unlocking with remote unlocks all doors on the first button push
3. Increased the remote unlock timeout (automatic re-lock) to 120 seconds
4. Disabled the passenger seat belt warning, as it gets annoying if I just have something heavy in the seat.

There are tons of other options, diagnostic tests, etc. It's totally worth the $25 to have all the programming options your dealer would.

·
Registered
846 Posts
That's just like the radio EQ options. The customer service desk said that the '09 radio didn't have that option. Thanks to the members here, I was able to change the EQ that was set for a TC to the xB curve. Sounds much better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.