Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to lock the doors without arming the alarm, or disarming the alarm without unlocking the doors? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know how you can do that if you get an aftermarket alarm?! There *should* be an option though to do what you ask but thats something the techs at Toyota would be familiar with.

When I worked for Toyota, the stock alarms on the Camry's, Highlanders, etc had a lot of other options that consumers were never informed with. So Im just assuming the same with the Scions. Someone correct me if Im wrong though

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I went to the dealer after I posted this question here and asked the service dept. how to do it. They said that you couldn't do that. The only thing you could do is to turn down the sensitivity setting. There aren't any options w/ this alarm. This alarm is really waaayyyy overpriced.

I'd also like to know how to turn off the chirp/beep when you lock/unlock the car, if anybody knows, if it can be done.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have to agree it was a little spendy, I wish it did do a little more. But I think what sold me is the disable feature, I really like that. Maybe in the future they will add some other things to the alarm feature. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
jazziz said:
Actually, I went to the dealer after I posted this question here and asked the service dept. how to do it. They said that you couldn't do that. The only thing you could do is to turn down the sensitivity setting. There aren't any options w/ this alarm. This alarm is really waaayyyy overpriced.

I'd also like to know how to turn off the chirp/beep when you lock/unlock the car, if anybody knows, if it can be done.
Im not 100% sure but I think you may have a aftermarket alarm. I used to install keyless entry upgrade systems at dealerships. Meaning that just because you have the OEM keyfob doesnt mean you have an OEM alarm.

Does your car actually chirp AND beep? If not, which noise do you hear? If its the actual horn Im pretty sure you have an aftermarket alarm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
callmemrbill said:
I have to agree it was a little spendy, I wish it did do a little more. But I think what sold me is the disable feature, I really like that. Maybe in the future they will add some other things to the alarm feature. Thanks for the info.
Are you talking about the starter disable feature? If so, all that is really is a relay. I can show you how to install one and all the parts total would probably cost you less than $10.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah thats what I was talking about, only 10 bucks. Ok then I agree it was overpriced. I am glad I got the alarm though, it does help me have my peace of mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
callmemrbill said:
Yeah thats what I was talking about, only 10 bucks. Ok then I agree it was overpriced. I am glad I got the alarm though, it does help me have my peace of mind.
Thats good to hear. Dont forget to tell your insurance company you have an alarm system installed. Some do in fact give discounts for having one. I believe you have to tell them that you have the starter kill feature, and also the automatic re-arming feature enabled.

yanges said:
i have the aftermarket Audiovox alarm and it has a disable switch on the left panel down by my foot rest - i asked the installer how to disable the alarm...

Yeah, you just turn the key to the on position and hit that button. But I believe callmemrbill was talking about disabling the car from being started.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MECP_Installer said:
Im not 100% sure but I think you may have a aftermarket alarm. I used to install keyless entry upgrade systems at dealerships. Meaning that just because you have the OEM keyfob doesnt mean you have an OEM alarm.

Does your car actually chirp AND beep? If not, which noise do you hear? If its the actual horn Im pretty sure you have an aftermarket alarm.
I don't know if it's aftermarket or not. If you go to Scion's web site under CARS->XB->PERSONALIZE->INTERIOR->Scion Security System->Scion Security System $469. That's what I asked for at the dealer at the time of purchase. The window sticker lists it under "DISTRIBUTOR INSTALLED OPTIONS" -> S4 SCION Security 469.00. They had to special order mine because they didn't have a manual XB w/ Scion security at the lot at the time. I would think that they could've installed an aftermarket one to a manual XB they have available.

Here in Oklahoma City, in the Spring/Summer time, it's thunder storm/season. That means it's hail time. During the first week I bought my XB it was hailing one night and the alarm went off. That was why I wanted to disable the alarm but still lock the car.

The car beeps (NOT chirp or honk) when I lock/unlock it. Now if anybody knows how to disable the beep I would appreciate that very much. In the Owner's Manual pg. 10 it says about disabling the beep twice. "The beep and flashing turn signal lights can be disabled. For details, contact your Scion dealer." "The beep can be disabled. For details, contact your Scion dealer." I don't know why they don't just tell us how to do it there in the Owner's Manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts