Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm trying to redo the interior of my 2008 Scion xB and I was wondering how to remove the A, B, and C strut panels, as well as the 2 dome light fixtures, and remove them all in a safe way without breaking anything.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm pretty sure everything pulls off - EXCEPT the A-pillar. I haven't removed it, but have read several places there is a clip holding it in place that needs a 90 degree turn to release the A-pillar cover. It is there to keep the cover from flying off and impaling you when the side air bags deploy. Search the forum and you will find more detailed instructions.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
just need a pair of needle nose to twist the tab after you loosen the a pillar. the b pillar has a nut behind the seat belt adjustment. the c pillars require you to remove the rear seat belt bottom bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just need a pair of needle nose to twist the tab after you loosen the a pillar. the b pillar has a nut behind the seat belt adjustment. the c pillars require you to remove the rear seat belt bottom bolt.
Is there a trick to getting to the seat belt bottom bolt or is it just right out there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone offer more detailed instructions to the B and C pillar panel removal? I can't get them all the way off. The C panel I can remove the top half but then it looks like it's connected to the bottom black panel and I dont know how to get it off from there. I'm not very savvy with this kind of stuff so if anyone has a more detailed description to getting these panels off or can offer a link to more detailed instructions it would be very helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Did you see pages 2 and 3 in Alfundo's link to the subwoofer install?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.