Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well let me just say this is NOT as easy as you would think. I have several cuts on my fingers to prove it, but it is a very straight forward install and they look great.

Pedal set from Toyota

1: Obviously your xB should be in park and turned off. Remove your oe rubber brake pedal cover and rub a little soapy water on the insides of the new pedal covers.

Back side of new pedal covers

2: Slide each cover on the corresponding pedal. You will have to slide your finger around the edges while putting pressure on the cover to make them fit. These covers fit very tight, so be sure that they are fully wrapped around the pedal to ensure they do not fall off.

Installed

·
Registered
613 Posts
do you have to take the gas pedal off too? or does the gas cover just slip over it?
good install!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know this is an odd question, but do they feel any different? I've been thinking about getting them because I don't like the feel of the scion pedals, but I'm not crazy about the look so I figured might just as well get used to what I have.

Michael

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only difference you may feel is the gas pedal, but nothing that noticeable. You may grip better on the gas pedal while wearing a driving type shoe, since the stock pedal is all plastic. Not sure if that helps any

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh yeah, this was a fun project. :rolleyes: My fingers were bruised for a week afterwards. I used a screwdriver to help lift the edges of the rubber, and installed from right to left on the gas pedal and top right to bottom left on the break. That seemed to work the best. I used a little cocoa butter lotion (at first to help protect my fingers!) and that seemed to help too. I honestly didn't expect this to be that difficult, but it probably took me an hour to get the silly things on, when I expected about 20 minutes.

I did notice that they "feel" a little different. Not bad or good, just different. :D They certainly look a lot better than the originals.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ha, I finally get my pedals installed yesterday while the weather was not freezing out. Actually this was my second time try to do it. 1st time I failed b/c too cold outside, and I couldn't stay out too long and all my fingers were frozen. And I thought it was almost impossible to install these pedals. But I did it the second time, took 1 hour and 15 mins. I ended up cut a line in one of the corner so it was slightly easier to lift the plastic edges out till the end. I don't see wear any gloves would help since the fit is so tight, I don't think you can even feel the edge by wearing gloves. Sometime I don't understand why the design are so tough to install and it supposed to be real easy, at least looks easy.

Yeah, I feel pain on my finger tips today. But it is done at least they look great. Thank god that I have an automatic, otherwise, I have to do the clutch too. :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Found these in this old post at ScionLife.

MANUAL- PTS22-52080
AUTO- PTS22-52071

I'm pretty sure they were discontinued. Hopefully, you can find them in stock somewhere. Good Luck in your search. :cheers:

Edit: OK, so just because I was curious I did a quick Google search for the auto set. The first result shows them in stock here. The next few results were all duds, either out of stock or the websites no longer exist.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
They were originally manufactured by OBX and are sold under their name.
Just be sure to get the ones that LOOK like the stock/Scion/TRD ones.
Both can, now, be harder to find than they once were.

·
Registered
845 Posts
They were originally manufactured by OBX and are sold under their name.
Just be sure to get the ones that LOOK like the stock/Scion/TRD ones.
Both can, now, be harder to find than they once were.
Yeah I know. There are a bunch on eBay, but nothing specific to an xb. The tundra ones look similar, but who knows.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
OBX sold the identical one to the OEM Scion one. That one used to be everywhere, but has become harder to find. They both slip over the metal pedal, replacing the original rubber. There are NO screws or bolts involved.

That gives 2 things to look for, one or the other may show up first.

I don't see any like those on ebay right now. the ones there are either the clamp-on style or the drill/screw type.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.