Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello...
just got my xb about a week ago ... and i was wondering where i could get hid's from... or if anyone has hid's please post a pic :)

thanks .. i did try the search but nothing there... :yawn:

· Registered
289 Posts
Its really easy to install. All plug n play, I'd say the only "work" in installing is looking for a good place to mount the ballasts.

The ballasts are universal, lamps are not, for the xB: low beam lamps are: H11 high beam lamps are: 9005

Quoting from mobilehid.com:

"Here is how a xenon / hid system can help your vehicle:

* Xenon lights create 3 times more light than halogen bulbs.
* Xenon lights use 35 watts vs 55 watt halogen bulbs.
* Xenon lights last 10x longer.

How do they do it? Simple, HID bulbs are simply designed using a different technology to produce the light. Instead of a fine piece of wire filament, the light comes from a glass chamber of gas with no filament. Thus, road bumps and shock cannot damage the lamp.
"

· Registered
30 Posts
i installed digital hid on my 09 got them from ebay for like 160 shipped they carry a life time warranty
they have 35w and 55w which is what i got on mine.
here is a pic

· Registered
1 Posts
I am considering 4800k from mobilehid.com, but I also have OEM fog lights with a nice yellow hue (courtesy of headlightarmor.com) that I don't want to convert to HID. Would the 4800k low beams take away from the yellow fog light beam?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Firs of all thanks for the help.. this is easier thank i thought.. :D I'm getting some this week... I will also try to get my crappy camera to work and ill post some pics ... ;) pics are always good ...

Thanks again for the great help guys... !!!

· Registered
63 Posts
I just got my Hids and will try to get them installed this week if it warms up. I talked to quite a few people and most agreed that the Kool Blue attracts alot of attention and the white just give you great light. I know that since they are not factory they are not Legal for road use so thats why I went with 4300's. I plan on setting it up on my clear fog lights first and then doing a test on my low beams as I install them. The plan is fogs first since I do alot of back roads in the swamps of Louisianna driving and then think about low and high beams if I feel they are needed. The great thing is the factory fogs and low beams are the same bulb so its easy to plug and play between the two. I will try to take some before and after pictures to see how they perform.

LOts of dealers have em and a few are really cheap like the guy on ebay who keeps forgetting to ship them from the comments I read. I love the small size of the digital power pack from Mobil HID. Lots of places that it will fit and you wont even know its there, expecially since the bumper cover will be off as I put the lights and new grill in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.