326 Posts
if you have the spoiler, can't you make your own

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goldtouch said:
if you have the spoiler, can't you make your own
I do have the spoiler, but I wouldn't want my spoiler to be crooked, or too much left/right/top/bottom

It costs $25.00 for a template I'll cut, use for 2 mins. marking holes, and throw away. So I thought maybe someone had a PDF file they could share so I could print it out or something

·
Registered
44 Posts
you really do need the template to get it right.
we have one here @ the shop, but I don't have any idea how to make a PDF file of it

message me if you know how and I will try to help you out

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Octos said:
we have one here @ the shop, but I don't have any idea how to make a PDF file of it

Install this: http://www.cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.exe

then, if you got a scanner, scan it in.

After you scan in each image, you should "print", choose "CutePDF" as your printer, and it should let you save the document as a PDF, exactly the way I would see it when you print it out.

You just gotta make sure you don't mess up/distort the dimensions when you scan it in.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Octos said:
i'm sorry but i don't have a scanner. We don't have one here at the store either.
its alright...i went ahead and bought it for $25 + tax an hour ago :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Now just use it and relist it on here!!!
recoup some of the money!!

Sorry i couldnt get you set up

let me know the difference in rear window spray with the spoiler compared to before will ya?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I could be imagining things but I am pretty sure my mileage dropped. I think it looks alot better so im willing to loose a few mpg.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Really? I don't think I am willing to lose any MPG since I went from a 1st gen to this and lost substantial gas mileage. I was only interested in it if the rear window would stay a bit clearer.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Some have recorded gas loss with the factory spoiler. However mine was on from the start and after I removed I didn't notice a increase. I did notice a decrease however when I installed the larger more upswept spoiler I have now.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I went on a long trip without the spoiler and recorded 32.6 MPG. Just came back from the same trip with the spoiler and recorded 32.2 MPG.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry I missed your e-mail :yucky:. I am looking at my old spoiler template right now. Anyone else need one, let me know, I'll mail it to you as I have no use for it.

Anyway, my highway mileage is about the same as gr8scape mentions w/ spoiler. One thing for sure, once the spoiler is bolted on, there is no going back.

MiniBus

·
Registered
3 Posts

Would you by any chance still have a copy of the template? I need one for my installation. Thank You

1 - 15 of 15 Posts