Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so, ive gone through the threads in the past about which bulb to buy and what websites are good excetera.. but i cant seem to find an exact place that says they have a 28mm, which is aparrently the bulb for our xb2's.

here i see one which seems to be 28mm, but says its a 31mm which just confuses me -_- 31mm 4-LED

then here, i cant find a 28mm at all, smallest i see is 30mm Super Bright LEDs ? Festoon Light Bulbs

and then theres ebay, 2x Blue LED Bulbs 27mm / 28mm 6-SMD Festoon Dome Map Light 27 mm 28 | eBay

someone, please help lol.. i really want a blue led for my dome light.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 31mm will fit but it will be super tight..i got them off of ebay as well..it was a 16-SMD Festoon..it's really bright..

if you do the one from ebay..you can put the other LED in the rear..
i see, i think ima do this! found the blue one ive been looking for, 2 of em for only $3.99 is a steal. id rather just get a bulb than the whole sheet-like led ones..

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have a 30mm festoon bulb from superbrightleds.com in my dome light, and it's definitely a tight fit. Sometimes I have to jiggle the switch a bit to get it to light up without opening the doors.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Uh no a 31mm does not fit right it barely sits in there and i mean barely lol. I have 31mm v leds and i wish i would have went with the 28mm 31mm is to big. In the cargo area it also barely works you have to bend the metal to get a good fit.
I have to agree. I bought two 31mm LED festoon bulbs from eBay for the cargo and dome lights, and I had to really work to get them in there. I think the festoon adapter with an LED panel works a lot better, that's what I have in my dome light now. Much easier to install too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i thought this thread was dead by now lol. but i will say the 31mm has worked perfectly for the dome light, yeah its a tight fit but it works, as far as the trunk light tho, yeah did not fit lol so i guess im just gonna keep the 2nd led light for whenever the dome light thats in right now decides to blow out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im watching you hidkid!lol 31mm does fit in cargo area you have to bend the top prong a tad and the bottom you need to reshape with 2 pairs of thin needle nose to basically make the spot look the same just 1/8" bigger. V leds has 28mm festoons they are backordered right now until end of this month. I got all my leds plates 194 single diffused maps 194 5 led dome 31mm and cargo31mm for $27 to the door and it only took like 4 days.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I got the "customxb.com" led in red on the dome and a red and a green one for the truck-light (which I can switch out depending on my mood).
I got red for 2 reasons:
1. Have red trim/accents. So, it matches well.
2. Red is a great color for night vision when I turn on the overhead for the fam. That way, I can still see clear enough to look out for deer, small animals, bears, cougars (in the mountains-> the Carolina Panther is NOT extinct!), and random people.

The red isn't as much usable light as white or the original bulb, but looks cool. Some areas are actually harder to see with the red.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's what I wanted to do too, I thought an all red lighting theme would be cool kinda like in a submarine! Lol but glad I went with the white it is so crisp and clean inside now and all the reflections and light bouncing around is so much cleaner looking!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not to be frank hidkid but wtf do you need a 24smd in the dome? lol my 4 led is bright as **** lol i cant even look at it. My goodness i bet you can tan in your toaster! lol
i love leds haha!!! first thing i make sure wen purchasing a new car is that im stocked up lol!!!!....and the box can never be too bright inside XD!!..i too hate how dark it is inside not footwell lights makes it a pain at night...

i love turing them on and wathing my ladys eyes squint lmao!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.