Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got one of those vinyl signal films off ebay. Looks great from afar, but crap up close. IMO. And the light is now foggy looking when flashing. So i would say a take-apart and tint spray would be the better option.

Before n after.

Didnt take pix of lighted. sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was planning, take it out and spray. See some screws on bottom, guess I'll start exploring. Pulled my badges and painted them yesterday. The mirror signals have been on my to do list for a while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took mine apart and had they sprayed along with the tails and emblems. Took them to a friend that custom paints motorcycles. They came out perfect. I tried VHT Nightshades in the past on a previous car and the job my friend did blows it away. I also went lighter on the turns as compared to the tails. The amber does not shine through as well as the red does.

I also used vinyl for the reflectors as it has a matte looking finish that matches the black trim. You can see the difference in the pics.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.