Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted those two things so bad. But I didn't want to spend a couple hundred dollars for the applique and $70 for the rear bumper protector. I think somebody actually described the rear bumper protector as a 50 cent skateboard tape.

So I almost gave up but... found these on ebay. ($20.99 for door sills and $23.99 for rear bumper protector but got both for $40. He took my offer of $40 too easily and willingly so maybe if anybody wants them, try making an offer for both at $30 :rofl:)

So excited... :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got the rear bumper protector (Scion brand like yours) and I hate it. It doesn't protect the bumper where is says "scion" and I've had to return it twice already because it bubbles up too easily. Thinking about removing it and getting a better one that actually protects the bumper and doesn't look like a Scion advertisement.
bindigok

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
wangster said:
cnstarz said:
how easy were they to install?
I haven't received mine yet. But I'm assuming it'll be just like putting on a screen protector for your phone but just bigger...
I wondered why you had both a silver and a SW! lol! I thought you were just lucky!!!

I have the bumper applique and love it. No bubbling here (knock on wood!!). I really wanted the lighted door sills, but had to cut costs somewhere. So, I didn't get them. These might be a cool alternative. Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have the rear bumper applique and I like the look. I never really considered it a protector for the bumber, whenevr i put somthing heavy or bulky in the back i use a blanket over the bumper. I like the door sills, going to have to check e-bay.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bindigok said:
It doesn't protect the bumper where is says "scion" and I've had to return it twice already because it bubbles up too easily.
Now I'm worried. I hope it doesn't bubble up too easily. But, in most cases, doesn't bubbling have to do with the installation? I went through over 30 screen protectors for my Treos and I've been using the same screen protector and sometimes it bubbles up easily, sometimes no bubbles for months.

Also, this is not an OEM protector. It is aftermarket and I believe that this is vinyl instead of PVC used by Scion.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shancopp said:
I wondered why you had both a silver and a SW! lol! I thought you were just lucky!!!

I have the bumper applique and love it. No bubbling here (knock on wood!!). I really wanted the lighted door sills, but had to cut costs somewhere. So, I didn't get them. These might be a cool alternative. Thanks!
Yeah... I use I was that lucky. One for the fun stuff and the other for more fun stuff. :D

By the way, is your applique OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Received the door sills and rear bumper protector today.
Didn't wash my car over the weekend so installation will have to wait until the weekend.

But here's what I received. (No installation manual but their website shows detailed description of installation process.)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They're cut-outs. (I didn't double check but at least they told me they were.)
The exact words on the ebay listing were:

"keep in mind that the logo or text is a cut-out on the vinyl, so the color that will be shown will be the color of your vehicle"

·
Registered
130 Posts
Gawd, I know my OCD self well enough to know that installing those would be a total nightmare. I would obsess over making sure there were absolutely no bubbles, wrinkles or imperfections, and that everything was perfectly straight... especially the rear bumper applique, because it's so long.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.