Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to add some color to the back hatch area of the xB. I'm going to make some throw pillows for the back passenger seats with the same material. I'm even thinking of wrapping the door panels and the center console too. (If I get bold enough.)

Found some paneling at work and thought I might find a use for it instead of throwing it away.
I made a template from posterboard by measuring the dims and eyeballing the curves of the cubbie holes. The two sides are not of equal shape.
Traced onto the paneling and then cut it out with a sharp utility knife.

I knocked out the center of the board because I may just add some LED lighting to illuminate the fabric.

Check for fit and Dremel or sand until it's right.

My choice of fabric - a cherry blossom motif on a polyester brocade. Bought it at JoAnn's.
Cut it to size.

Sprayed the the paneling with 3M 90 and the material with 3M 77. The 3M 90 comes outta the tip like Silly String so I spread it evenly with my finger. I chose 3M 77 for the fabric because I didn't want any bleed-thru.

Came out okay, not totally happy with it. If I had a flat surface to work on I'm sure I coulda smoothed out the wrinkles.

Affixed with Velcro strips so it's easily removed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: Dressing up the C-Pillar cubbies

That's awesome! I like that you mentioned throw pillows for the back seat. I would have not thought of that, but now I want to look for some! I ordered the webbing that goes in those cubbies so that I can store stuff up there, not as unique as your idea which I am very impressed with!
:yes:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts

I like it!

I actually use the cubbies for storage-> namely for a mini-umbrella, flashlight, reusable shopping bags (gotta be "green"), and the like.
I've been thinking of covering the elastic mesh with a tartan material . . . Now, I might just have to do it!

As for the pillows . . .
Make them so that they can go under the seats for storage!
GREAT idea!

·
Registered
111 Posts

dude thats sweet I made some and painted them,but the velcro does work well, nice fabric also!!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts

Very impressive!!! And since it's attached with the velcro strips, you could change it whenever the mood strikes.
Thanks surfMOMster! This may actually be a mod that falls within my extremely limited talents. :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

TulsaToaster said:
Very impressive!!! And since it's attached with the velcro strips, you could change it whenever the mood strikes.
Thanks surfMOMster! This may actually be a mod that falls within my extremely limited talents. :)
mine too.. (and extremely limited budget!)

·
Registered
23 Posts

Very nice idea. Not my choice of fabric, but gives me some ideas for dressing up the oh so bland black and grey interior. Maybe matching cover for the headrests? Depends on how motivated I get with the sewing.

:D

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Based on the colour of the rear hatch edge (body metal is visible around the window on the inside), it looks like white, but could be silver that the light made look white.

·
Registered
338 Posts
just make a cardboard template

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.