21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ross said:
eviljack said:
I don't need no stinkin S-mode.
S-mode only goes up to 4... That wasn't good enough for us.
yeah, but i do not have to use a clutch anymore :yes:

out of curiosity, do either of you know what the speed is when you are @ 5800rpm in 3rd gear on the manual tranny?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I never use the Smode.....I don't like driving a stick. I learned to drive one in a VW van, a '70 something or other. I thought it was cool tho, cuz it was the only vehicle we had with a cassette player! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
yanges said:
Ross said:
eviljack said:
I don't need no stinkin S-mode.
S-mode only goes up to 4... That wasn't good enough for us.
yeah, but i do not have to use a clutch anymore :yes:

out of curiosity, do either of you know what the speed [mph] is when you are @ 5800rpm in 3rd gear on the manual tranny?
anyone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I finally found a use for S-mode. I was hauling a small trailer in my xB and needed to keep the revs up a little so I wouldn't bog the motor.

S-mode was perfect for keeping it in the gear I wanted.

So I take back my "gimmick" remark because there is a use for it, even in the Texas weather we have down here.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hey Super, what kind of hitch do you have? Doesn't it stick out the back or is it hidden?? Any pics?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well I pulled up next to a element and he kinda took off so I forgot I had pulled it down into 1rst well letsa just say I love rev limiters...................Needless to say I beat the shizzle out of the element it was kinda like picken on the little kid in school......................... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :boxing: :rockon:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Careful down shifting on compramised surfaces it might cause you to shat your drawers ! :rofl: I think the owners novel tells you what is safe and has a disclaimer as to slick roads ................ :lol:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.