Scion XB Forum banner

dual exhaust

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Sparks_Scion_TRD_Parts 
#1 ·
does anyone have dual exhaust on there 2nd gen xb? if so, can u tell me ur setup? Also, if it runs and sounds good? thank you for any replies and im looking forward to great ideas cuz im thinkin of doin it to my xb

#2 ·
hey,

I have the Tsudo catback dual exhaust on my 09xb and it's great!!!
it is 2 1/2 inch polished stainless with 3 1/4 inch tips. it also has removable silencers.
fit and finish are 1st class. total install time about 35-40 minutes :naughty:

#4 ·
What is the big bomb looking thing in the center of the car? Is it a mufffler ?

#5 ·
I have a dual exhaust system from Borla on my xB and love the way they sound. Not too loud but you can tell there is something different on the beast. The only drawback is for anyone riding in the rear seats when you are cruising at highway speeds. The noise level is higher than stock but since I don't ride back there, I don't worry about it. The installation is very easy but had the local dealer put them on when I took it in for service. They only charged me $45.00 so I didn't think I was getting raped and didn't have to get dirty in the process. The whole service call took 30 minutes. You take off the stock muffler and bolt on the main pipe and the dual portion comes out of a y section in that pipe. When you look into the pipe it is straight through so I was amazed because the noise level wasn't going to get me arrested. The only mod that has to be made is to take off the tie down hook from the factory so you can install the left side pipe hanger on the frame. Cost for the system was around $350 and I ordered it through a local speed shop. Go out to the Borla website and look for a dealer near you because the price on their site is much higher than what I paid for mine. Go for it and you won't be dissatisfied.

#6 ·
I have had the Borla duel exhaust on my 08’ xB for about a year now and love it. I have 5Axis ground effects on the car and had to have the Borla exhaust heated then bent to fit in the two exhaust holes in the ground effect. The low growl sounds great with out sounding like a typical ricer. Highly recommended.

#7 ·
evopirate said:
I have had the Borla duel exhaust on my 08’ xB for about a year now and love it. I have 5Axis ground effects on the car and had to have the Borla exhaust heated then bent to fit in the two exhaust holes in the ground effect. The low growl sounds great with out sounding like a typical ricer. Highly recommended.
I have the same setup. I took an easier route. I bought longer hangers so that the exhaust hung lower.

#8 ·
evopirate said:
I have it on mine too with the 5Axis kit and didn't have to bend anything. It fit perfect. Was yours touching the kit?

Here's a pic of mine:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.