204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current performance mods:

Weapon R Secret Weapon Cold Air intake
Weapon R prototype 4-2-1 stainless header
Weapon R stainless S pipe
Weapon R Secret Black box
Strup axle back exhaust

Vehicle was dynoed yesterday.. 17 increase in HP and 28.9 lbs increase in torque!!!! Over 142hp to the wheel.

You guys wouldn't believe the difference in driving and how it pulls, feels like im in a drag car, hahaha. Really the power increase is astounding. Im getting the Dyno results jpegs later tonight and ill post here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dyno sheet

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations on the 17 hp gain, and the 28.9 fp of torque gain. Always nice to see a car enthusiast making performance and appearance mods to a nice car. I wish someone would organize a scion event in Maine. I plan to get my act together, and get some mods, soon. I am overdue for my 10 k service right now. When I get to the local scion down here I plan to ask them if they will honor the free services I have left, or if that only works with the dealership back where I bought it. I plan to get a console and rear spoiler, and I am not sure if I should buy on-line and bring it in or to just order through the scion dealership.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Did you get the xB dyno'd before you put the mods on? Because I read an article in a mag I have where they dyno'd the xB and it was pushing 146hp at the wheels stock. 11 hp higher then was expected based on the factory stats.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you can see on the dyno spec sheet posted above, the red is the stock with Strup axle back exhaust only running stock headers and intake. The blue is with all the mods mentioned. This is hp and torque #s on the dyno sheet is to the wheels, most magazines will run the numbers to the fly as those are usually much higher.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Oh ok didn't notice that one was the stock with only exhaust.

This mag did give the HP at the wheels. They said they expected 135hp factory and got 146hp.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant attest to someone else's numbers, but I was personally there for these runs. The dynopack is about a $100k machine that is supposed to be the most accurate dyno on the market. If they can get more hp out of a stock motor than I could on mine, then more power to them. Maybe I need to break mine in more lol.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Not saying your wrong. Just curious as to why there might be such different readings. You'd think they would be consistant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I read the same post and i believe his numbers are more acurate since they are in line with what is consistant from horsepower loss at the wheel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts