Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you will call me stupid, I know, but I want to put a drift knob on my e-brake. I believe that's the correct name for it, but if not its the button that goes on the end of your e-brake so it doesn't lock in place when you try to drift. I think it'd be a really cool cheap addition to my interior since I'm getting ready for my first show in Oct and want to come out as hard as possible. Has anybody done this? Possibly know how to take the ebrake cover off without breaking or cutting anything?

· Registered
164 Posts
I haven't had one apart but it should be the same mechanism as something like a ratchet strap. Basically you would have cogs with teeth angled in a single direction. When you pull the e-brake the cogs *snap, snap, snap* and then stick behind the lock. When you push the button it disengages the piece that locks in.

The cheapest way would probably be to remove the center console, find the "lock" and remove it. Or grind down the cogs.

Alternatively I would imagine there is an actual kit for it.

If the center console is anything like the rest of the car it probably has a couple of screws and some clips holding it in.

· Registered
185 Posts
what show are you going to be in?

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I've seen how they do the FR-S and a 240sx one, its basically glued on so with some manhandling the cover should come off. But as far as putting it on I've seen 2 methods: 1 screws on and the other you remove the spring and put it on top. Maybe later today I'll pull the sole and see for myself and if I can figure it out, I'll order the part and do a DIY since I haven't seen a drift knob in an xB at all ever.

@Willie if I'm still in Houston in Oct, I'll be showing at Import Face off

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're the man Greg! It looks pretty similar to the 240sx, but I still can't tell if its the type where I have to remove the spring or if its the unscrew type. It's progress though, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.