Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was backing my xB out today and I touched the E-Brake to put it on and It's kind of loose. Like I can kind of flap at and it moves up and down easily. It doesn't activate right away which is good but I'm worried ill be rolling and itll lock up. Any ideas of what might be going on would be wonderful.

· Registered
80 Posts
it wont just lock up on you rolling down the road but when your parked on a hill in neutral you'll notice you'll have to have your e brake pulled tighter than usual to be parked. but when on a hill you should always have wheel cocked towards the curb as well as having it in gear(if in manual transmission)

· Registered
782 Posts
I was backing my xB out today and I touched the E-Brake to put it on and It's kind of loose. Like I can kind of flap at and it moves up and down easily. It doesn't activate right away which is good but I'm worried ill be rolling and itll lock up. Any ideas of what might be going on would be wonderful.
It's normal for the hand brake to have some initial travel before it starts seriously resisting. I'm not sure what would be spec, but I'm thinking at least an inch would be just fine (maybe two inches).

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some of the people in my Scikotics group replied, I guess the E-brake may be loose on the actual rotor, I need to tighten it or something and turn it with a screw driver. Basically I found out what the issue is. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.