1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
342 Posts
I havent had any experience with it but my brother had bought a grill simlar to that for his 98' eclipse and he had no problems for the 2 years he had it. One big difference though is that the eclipse only had a lower grill. It should be fine though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll be sure to post pics when I do all the work. Hard to believe I have had mine for 2 years and just started to make mods.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes, please take lots of pics of the install! I've been looking at these grilles for a long time now but never could commit! I hope everything comes out great!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah definatley post the pics I'm intrested as well to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the grill with help from my Dad this weekend. I didn't take pictures of the entire install, sorry guys. But I will give you a little play by play followed by some pics.

The upper and lower grill came in one box and was nicely wrapped and protected. No damage after inspecting it. I got it in gloss black to go with this black theme I'm doing on my Nautical blue 08. My dad is your typical old school motor head but always helpful to me so I took it all to his house and had him help me out.

The instructions were pretty well written. You start by getting the upper grill out through the hood. It wasn't too scary with the zip ties holding the new one on because it fits perfectly into place and falls into these lips on either side where the original grill was. Two zip ties later it was pretty secure.

The bottom grill was removed by taken it out through the bottom of the car and removing the radiator cover. The instructions had pictures but this step had no picture. It asked to "simply" remove the lower grill from locking tabs and push it in towards the radiator to get it out. This was not "simply" done! The lower grill was not happy to be removed but with a little muscle we were able to get it out without damaging anything. This was the only snag we ran into.

Oh! I of course did not mention the zip ties go through 1/8 inch holes that you drill into the car. As scary as this sounds it really was not a big deal. The instructions showed where to drill these holes and it gave us no trouble at all.

So we followed the directions and I think it looks great! We did add a couple more zip ties to the upper grill just to ease my mind mostly lol. Let me know what you guys think and if you want me to hook you up with the eBay seller who I got it from I can.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That looks really cool. I might do this to mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.