·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went with the Tanabe NF120, I'm happy with my drop. Good to know they work for someone though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Interesting, made me think. How do you think these got on ebay and where did they come from? The ebay ones might be based on a real branded set and either are exactly the same, or factory rejects, or something. Would a company go to the trouble of manufacturing aftermarket springs for a Scion xB just to sell them on ebay? I doubt it. (This ebay seller specializes in "women's/girlie tees", but seems to sell a lot of car parts and flash memory cards.)

So they could actually be a good deal on some gray market but "real" after market built springs. Or they could be rejected for either cosmetic or physically important reasons. I don't know. They can't list on ebay if they are a certain company's model but they might say if you ask. Feedback is good.

By the way, it says "Approx: FRONT :1.1" REAR:2.0" Drop "
Does that line up with anything we know? It could be listed slightly differently so there isn't an obvious match. They look progressive, right?
From here - http://www.newscionxb.com/130-scion...2008-scion-xb-lowering-spring-comparison.html

Tanabe NF210 (link)
Front: 1"
Rear: 1.7"
MSRP: $250

Eibach Sportline (link)
Front: 1.2"
Rear: 2.2"
MSRP: $319

Tein H-Tech (link)
Front: 1.2"
Rear: 2.1"
MSRP: (in development)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.