Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to have the template for mounting the rear spoiler? I just bought one off of ebay from the same seller I bought the spoiler for my bsp xb about a year ago. The template it comes with isn't really very helpful and I can't seem to locate the one I purchased from toyota. If anyone has this I would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
pm your email address to Felix09xB he may still have one.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!!! Now if it would only hurry up and get here :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
patience, dudette!! you'll need it for the install.

·
Registered
144 Posts
be careful, the OEM template may not match your ebay spoiler. is your spoiler a 2 bolt mount or a 4 bolt mount?
Don't discard the template that came with your spoiler. you can use it if you are patient and careful.

tape it to the spoiler cushion in such a way that the hole aligns with the hole in the spoiler. allow for curvature of the deck lid, the template can't be taunt across the cushion corner.

set the spoiler with the template attached on the deck lid equally centered side to side and tape the template to the deck lid, then carefully remove the tape from the backside of the cushion.

this will leave the template attached to the deck lid. look closely at the position of the template holes from one side to the other to ensure they are equally spaced. if not adjust slightly so they are.

measure the overall distance between the holes center-to-center on the deck lid and do the same on the spoiler to ensure they are the same dimensions. if so, you're ready to center punch and drill.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I'm sad again :( the file on the scikotics website keeps coming up as corrupted and Felix09xB hasn't been online in a year...
Since the spoiler hasn't been delivered yet, I don't know how many bolts it is, but I think I bought the spoiler from the same seller for my bsp xb and it was a 2 bolter. The hardest part was drilling the holes, it was a little nerve wracking but the spoiler came out fine in the end. Thanks for your tips! I also printed out the OE directions from just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.