Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use this chart to figure out the optimal wheel and tire size you're going for:

You can also download a copy of the original spreadsheet with formulas to try out your own combinations by right-clicking here and saving the file to disk.

-Ed

EDIT: Fixed error in comments at the bottom from piggybacking off a chart for a different car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops; forgot to update that when I updated the chart (worked off of my tC chart)

I'll fix it to indicate 114.3 and upload it again. Thanks for identifying the error--applaud for you!

-Ed

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been trying to hunt down wheels for my car so it's been FUN to say the least. I'm going to have to run flares with my 22"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've added 19- and 20-inch tire sizes to the chart and cleaned it up by removing references to rim width. this should serve those interested in larger diameters.

I don't recommend 19s or especially 20s on this car, but hey, whatever floats your boat...

-Ed

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I am having a bit of a hard time understanding that chart. So my question is this, what offset would I need to run 9.5" wide wheels on the xB?
I have 9" wide on the rear of my Jetta. I actually wish they were 9" all around but that wasn't a choice at the time. I probably could be happy with 8.5" but wanna see if 9.5" will work. I love wider tires, it does help out the handling and stance.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
eviljack said:
I am having a bit of a hard time understanding that chart. So my question is this, what offset would I need to run 9.5" wide wheels on the xB?
I have 9" wide on the rear of my Jetta. I actually wish they were 9" all around but that wasn't a choice at the time. I probably could be happy with 8.5" but wanna see if 9.5" will work. I love wider tires, it does help out the handling and stance.
try this:

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp?postId=906

you can compare wheel and tire sizes!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
That was actually pretty damn cool. I just wish they had a way that you could see the wheel cut away on a car cut away. Then you could play with the setting and see how far the wheel would stick out or adjust the offest accordingly for proper fit, or see that no matter what it won't fit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, both of these were great. However, I am an old school muscle car kind of guy. I would like to put a taller tire on my car. Instead of 205/55r16, I would like to have something like 225/60r16 in the rear and 215/60r16 in the front.....would they fit? My goal is to fill the tire well without going to a larger wheel or lowering the car. Any advice on wheels and tires for me?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is the stock wheel(rim) width 7.5?
What are the considerations to go between 7.5, 8, 8.5, or 9?
What's the stock offset? Is it 10?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I am looking at some used tires and wheels 235/45/18 Wanli tires and Gloden wheels. they came off of a 1998 Grand Am. 5 bolt pattern will these fit my 2009 XB? Dont see them on this chart so just wondering and wanted to ask a person that knows.

·
Registered
8 Posts
YO E! Good info!! Do you have info on what Toyota/Lexus rims are compatible to our rim size? I' considering getting some camry or other model rims for my ride. You can get a good deal from some wheel refurbishers out there like Transwheel, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a set of 17 x 7 x 43mm Stern Bronze Warp ST-4 Wheels/Rims. ( Gold & Polish Alum 5 Spoke)
http://www.maxspeedperformance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=15085&cat=182 I paid much less than listed.
I'm going to mount 235 / 55 x 17 Kumho Platinum LXs..
The intent is to install the nicest looking wheel I could find. In a wheel/Tire combo that would be the largest diameter I could fit (without interference) and mount the quietest tire with the best hydro action I could find

1 - 19 of 19 Posts