Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your input.

Someone is selling me a set of new Eibach lowering springs for my 2010 XB. Here's here locally and asking $140.

Does anyone have any knowledge good or bad about these springs?

· Registered
7 Posts
i just put them on my 08 xb.

ride is awesome. dropped just enough for a decent enough stance, without losing ride quality or comfort.

Also no modification to bump stops needed. Straight up easy to install. took me maybe an hour and 15mins tops.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much did you pay for yours? Is $140 a good price? I saw that they go for $200 and up on ebay. What size wheels do you have? I have 17's with 225/45 tires. I want a good look, not too low, that does not compromise the ride too much (it's the wife's car).

How difficult is it to install the fronts? I know the rear are easy.

Thanks for the input.

· Registered
342 Posts
The fronts are tough if you don't have the right tools. I'm pretty sure you need an impact wrench for the last strut bolt.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty sure I have all the tools. Compressor with all the accessories :naughty:

· Registered
782 Posts
ai17828 said:
Need your input.

Someone is selling me a set of new Eibach lowering springs for my 2010 XB. Here's here locally and asking $140.

Does anyone have any knowledge good or bad about these springs?
Eibach offers both Prokit and Sportline lowering springs for the xB2 -- which set are you talking about?

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pro Kit. Doesn't lower it too much which is what I want. Bought them already. Now I just need to install them. I think I need a spring compressor for the fronts. Anyone local have one I can borrow? :p

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TrevorS said:
I have Prokit on mine, works pretty well IMO. Autozone can loan you a front compressor -- and yes, definitely use one. People have been killed thinking they didn't need to :(.
TrevorS: Did you have to re-align your XB as a result of the new springs? I think I need to. I feel the steering wheel different after the drop.

· Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will do. Thanks.

What about the rear? Don't the lowering springs affect the toe there?

Eibach sells an alignment kit for the Pro Kit which is two weird looking bolts. What are those bolts for and where do they go? Front or rear?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.