Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My name is Damon Bembry, and I have officially taken over as the Scion Champion for Elk Grove Scion. I have been with the brand since launch way back in 2003, cutting my teeth over at Maita Scion in Sacramento and building a strong Scion Dept with my then partner in crime, Mickael. As Eric mentioned, Maita decided to scrap their Scion program for one reason or another, and that left me without a place to do what I do. Luckily, just as Maita was pulling the plug, Elk Grove found themselves without their Scion Champion. A quick fax of my resume and meeting with the owner a couple days later was all it took for both of us to see the benefit in starting a working relationship.
I met Eric while at Maita when he showed up to get a 2005 tC. He mentioned his other boards, and that he was going to start an owner forum for the then brand new tC. I have been over at ystc since it launched, helping with the moderation duties, and spilling out as much info as possible to those who are searching for it. I am happy to do the same here. It does not matter where you are located, if you need something that I can provide (from general info to .pdf docs for install procedures, and anything in between), please do not hesitate to contact me.
As usual for the sites Eric owns, this place is top notch. I look forward to hanging around here.
For the record, the 08 in my sig is my wife's daily driver, replacing her 05 that we bought when our daughter was born. The deuce is mine.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey D! Glad you could make it to the party! :D

Damon is a stand up guy & I trust him implicitly. He's helped me on a bunch of projects as he has for tons of other people. He'll tell it like it is and won't pull any punches, so if you're looking for the honest truth about a mod, he can give it to you. I've learned a lot since I've known Damon & I'm definitely glad he decided to join us here :)

I'm also looking forward to seeing what kind events he'll be setting up w/ the backing he deserves. Unfortunately Maita didn't seem to support the Scion dept. in that regard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know how i do. thank you for yet another great site. i swear there should be a way to get your xB expenses covered for all you have done for the brand.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awesome! I'm way up in Canada so as far as local help, we may have a problem, but I'm glad you've offered your services as this site has helped me a tonne so far and you can only add to that. Thanks :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are most welcome. happy to be of any assistance possible. canada is a long way from sacramento, but digital help is better than no help at all, right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Damon:

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the very generous offer to help us.

I have a request:

I've purchased a set of Hotchkis 08 xB sway bars, but their instructions are lacking torque specs for the front sway bar components. I've emailed them twice, but haven't gotten a response.

Would you be able to provide the torque specs for the
- front sway bar bushing plates
- front lower ball joint bolts
- front sway bar end links

I aways assumed Hotchkis was a precision manufacturer, so I find it unusual that they wouldn't include these specs. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts