Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealer tells us there is a dvd lockout on the nav while moving for safety reasons. He tells us to pull the e brake up one notch to bypass this lock out, yet not enough to engage the e brake. Sounds easy enough. But, I'm wondering, will this also bypass the nav input lock out ? Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Okay, I found a post from Randode on another site that covers this... I take no responsibility ;)

ok, to watch dvd's without the ebrake on, ground the red wire under the console to the bolt that holds the console to the floor.

Theres a green wire running over to the fuse block behind the dash just left of the steering wheel. Cut this wire.

Behind the navigation, look for a plug in the back of the nav with a yellow, green, a couple white, a couple black, purple, and a few other wires (from memory, theres probably about 8n wires in this plug). Cut the purple wire and extend the wires over to one of the empty switch locations. I used a rocker switch from a scion led interior kit. Install the switch in the dash.
Now you can flip the switch off to watch dvd's or to type the nav keyboard.
The nav map will not track your movement when the switch is off, so after you are done typing, flip the switch back on and it will resume navigating.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just go to any stereo shop, they can put in a switch for you. I had that done in my Lexus before. You just flip the switch when your moving and you can watch dvds. Most shops would probably charge you about $40 to do this, but through negotiation you most likely can do it cheaper.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes any stereo shop can do it, its not hard and shouldnt cost you very much. No more than 40 bucks at the most. Its really simple to do. Its a toggle switch and u can switch from dvd to and back... all toyotas allow for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I dont see why not. Im not saying a specific stereo shop, ANY stereo shop.. or Id rather say experienced shop can do this mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts