Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking of painting my engine cover and maybe adding some red wire loom (possibly paint some other items in there too). But since this is my daily driver the engine bay gets so dirty I don't know that I would want to show it off to anyone anyway. How do all of you keep your engine bays clean? It doesn't look greasy or anything just standard road dust and dirt. It seems like a lot of work to wrap all of the wires and hoses to protect it from the cleaners (which is what I have heard is necessary) if it is going to be cleaned on a regular basis.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks Great!

Is it an easy spray on and hose off or do you have to mask things off? I looked it up and it says no wrapping required. Then is says don't spray on wiring. ??? I assume since yours looks so nice it doesn't affect your custom painting.

Did you clear coat your heat shield and/or engine cover?

·
Registered
614 Posts
zinger said:
Looks Great!
Thanks Zinger

zinger said:
Is it an easy spray on and hose off or do you have to mask things off? I looked it up and it says no wrapping required. Then is says don't spray on wiring. ??? I assume since yours looks so nice it doesn't affect your custom painting.
It's very easy to use.... Just spray on everything, let it set for 15 minutes and then rinse off with a light flow of water. My can doesn't say "Don't spray on Wires", it says to spray over the entire engine. I spray everything!

zinger said:
Did you clear coat your heat shield and/or engine cover?
No, I just make sure you use a High-Temp paint on the Heat Shield. I used Dupli-Color Engine Enamel rated at 500 degrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The many people confused how to clean engine they think so lot of hard work but cleaning the engine bay is very simple task and once properly detailed, the engine bay is no hard. Fast think engine is cold never try clean and second think protect your cars electrical part use the covering all parts and spray a degrease over the engine than after 15 min the next step you do rise the entire engine pressure washer. Now your cars engine is clean and dry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.